SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best "third party" grip module for P320? what do you like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best "third party" grip module for P320? what do you like? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
That is, "best for you and what you use it for".

There is the stock module grip and the X-style module grip. There are companies that "laser etch" these for better feel and grip.

Then there are others that seem to either make their own grip modules or modify the stock sufficiently to almost make it a different grip. Wilson Combat and Mirzon come to mind. Then there is Icarus Precision with their aluminum module.

What have you tried and what works best for you?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like the factory X-Compact grip the best. The Wilson Combat grip is my 2nd choice.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm the opposite. Wilson 1st, X-Compact 2nd. While better than stock, I'm not a fan of the medium X-Grip and the Polymer80 Sig grip is a little too blocky. I really want to try one of the Icarus Precision, but haven't been anywhere I can fondle it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat is my first choice of X-Carry grip for my P320; it just "feels" right and comes up with a great sight picture every time! Wilson knows what they are doing!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Wilson Combat grip for my XCarry! It's much more comfortable than the OEM.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat! I have it on my full size regular and Carry now, with the weights included.
I would like to add that the Sig's Tungsten grip which is on my Legion X-5 is another favorite. It is not a "third party" grip, but its up there with Wilson (for me) as another great choice.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
I tried the Wilson XCompact grip, it is a well made and thought out module. For some reason I like the factory grip better. It handles and points well for me. For me the factory grip carries better.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson grip modules; I'd like them better if they were a little more tacky on the side panels.

The Sig x-grip was a great innovation. The Grayguns sculpted grips are a significant enhancement that really has to be tried to be appreciated. I have their sculpted grips for the P365, P320, and also their sculpted TXG grip. It looks good, but it's the added friction in the hand that helps it stay in place. I'm not a fan of skateboard tape. The sculpted or laser engraved grips are just right.

The TXG grip is an x-grip that's heavier. I have several of those on P320F's, in 9mm and .40, that are for steel matches. Same grip on the P320 Legion. I run them with the grip weight, and also with the flared mag well fitting; not a big fan blocky looking magwells, but for pistols that only see use at the range and for steel matches, they're fine, and the flared mag wells attachments do make for nice balance and a little extra weight. They are also tactile, a reminder to get further up on the grip and an indexing point. For those of us who are balding, blind, and crosseyed, it's hard to miss sticking a reload with that big flare, too.

The mag well won't help balding. Sorry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
The Wilson grip is getting high marks.

I have all X-style grips, all but one is from Gray Guns, their sculpted grip. My P320 Carry .357sig is the only one that has a regular X-grip (I added this after purchase).

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the wilson offering, but do prefer the gray guns laser sculpted versions.more grippy for me, and look cool as shi..

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson grip module for my P320 full size, and absolutely love it. Mine is a range/target gun.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Do you find the sizes vary much? Like how does a medium (actually their one and only standard) Wilson compare to a medium X series?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
GGI laser sculpted for me...but it’s very, very close. The Wilson is smaller but I like the squarish Sig/GGI blackstrap over the tapered one of the Wilson- nitpicking really. Over the years I think that squarish Glock grip I used to hate has now become my preference...better repeatability for me. I like the grippiness of the Wilson front and back straps but prefer the side panels on the GGI.

The Wilson mag release is easier to press if you have smaller hands and find the medium x grip a tad large.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Bought a Wilson carry module for my P320 Carry in .357sig, really like it, both look and feel.

posted Hide Post
Took a new M18 in on trade a week ago. Didn’t like the feel in my hands at all. Without even shooting it, I ordered the Wilson Combat unit the next day. Spent the required 3 minutes installing it, and holy cow, what a transformation! This thing feels great now. Went from “probably gonna sell”, to,”definitely gonna keep”. Assuming I can hit a barn with it while standing inside said barn.
Money well spent.
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I picked up a WC grip for my 320cRX and it's a winner. I recommend.

https://postimg.cc/rDkD2kPg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ALLEGRO1957,

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson Combat grip better too, but like others have mentioned, I wish it was a little bit more "tacky" also.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
This armorycraft laser etched Wilson feels right to me but I haven’t tried any others.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson combat! And I do have a collection of GG and X grips that I have tried but prefer, WC.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post