SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQSC PPQ SubCompact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQSC PPQ SubCompact Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Shown in an advertisement in this month's Issue of Shooting Times.

Could not find an internet photo of the pistol.

Apologize if this info has been posted earlier.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Very similar in size to the old P99AS SC

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I suppose there's no chance they'll make a paddle release version.

Related discussion here.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I suppose there's no chance they'll make a paddle release version.

Related discussion here.

Recently Walther started pumping out M1 (paddle versions) of their 5 inch competition guns so there is a chance. I just saw the link you posted about the P99C AS....I will be ordering one in the morning.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
^^^ 'Bout time, too. They promised the 5" completed slide assembly two years ago for us M1 owners, then said forgettaboutit. Guess buying a complete gun will just have to do.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, the regular PPQ is still on the list, now I have to add this one...

...and thanks to these two threads, the P99C is on the radar.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would prefer it with a paddle release as well,

my lgs has a bunch of Walthers on sale from the Creed, PPS, PPQ, PPQ 5in 40, P99 and P99c.

I think the 99's are in the mid 300's price wise

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I would prefer it with a paddle release as well,

my lgs has a bunch of Walthers on sale from the Creed, PPS, PPQ, PPQ 5in 40, P99 and P99c.

I think the 99's are in the mid 300's price wise

HRK - would you mind sharing the name of your LGS? I need a P99 fullsize in 9mm, and all I can find are very expensive models.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in why some prefer the paddle release?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

In my case, almost every push button magazine release pistol requires me to change my hand position to reach the mag release. With the paddle release on the Walthers, I can use my trigger finger to hit the paddle release without changing my grip.

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also use my trigger finger and the release is ambidextrous which is a plus. I also find that I don’t have to shift my grip like I do on some button releases. I don’t mind transitioning between guns with different mag releases. I have PPQ’s with both types and if I could only have one it would be the paddle but not a huge deal either way....just a preference thing.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevo1967:
quote:

In my case, almost every push button magazine release pistol requires me to change my hand position to reach the mag release. With the paddle release on the Walthers, I can use my trigger finger to hit the paddle release without changing my grip.

Sean

Well stated. Same here.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
P365 vs PPQsc - Both look to be like very nice offerings. As Para mentioned, I do hope for a paddle version in the PPQsc.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I’m very pleased with my PPS M2, but have to admit that I’m curious as to how the PPQ SC and Sig P365 will compare with it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
HRK - would you mind sharing the name of your LGS? I need a P99 fullsize in 9mm, and all I can find are very expensive models.

Apologize for not getting back quicker, I was at the store last night for some range time.

P99 Compact or Full size, 9 or 40 on sale for 339 at Shoot Straight, they have several locations in FL and a web page you can check to get locations and prices.

www.shoot-straight.com

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, the handwriting is on the wall. The P99 is going away.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Out of the box the P99 has been one of the best guns, certainly best of the tactical Tupperware I have experienced. Ours is an old Gen 1 version. Never has missed a beat, still one of if not the most comfortable handguns around and a killer trigger while still being a DA/SA Gun.

I have no problems with normal striker fired guns but I will lament the passing of the DA/SA Striker P99.

It’s a helluva gun at 350bucks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just tried to buy a p99 full-size in 9mm but looks like they are sold out

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Just tried to buy a p99 full-size in 9mm but looks like they are sold out

Did you try online, they have multiple stores and the Apopka
has the main warehouse if it's not online I would call around to
the individual stores..