SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A SIG or Forever Regret It!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A SIG or Forever Regret It!!! Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Meh, I’ve sold off all of my Sigs. Other much better firearms out there imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
I have no gone all Gen 5 Glock (except for my Smith revolvers). Will never buy anything else. These things are truly an improvement in terms of accuracy at distance and they now fit my hand perfectly. I have 2 G19's and 2 G17's. I have sold every other semi auto i owned and there were alot including Sigs. Nothing wrong with Sigs, but i am totally hooked now on the plastic.

How is a Glock Gen 5 more accurate at distance?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. It took me awhile to find the right ones for me and I am plan on keeping them. I have however sold all of my Glocks (a hush falls across the board).

P938
P245

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I kept my X5 L1 and P210, sold the rest, no regrets.

I've owned about 10 P-series Sigs over the years, and never loved them.

I never shoot my HK's, but I have a thing for them (always have), so my HK collection stays put. I love pulling out an Expert or a Mk. 23 once in a great while.

Same goes for my 1911's. Beautiful, great to shoot, but just a rare occasion for me any more.

I practice with my Glocks more than anything.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, but if you will not buy a Glock, you will forever doubly regret it. Big Grin

My Signess has been both enjoyable and educational. On the other hand I have owned 5 Glocks and sold them all without regret.
I have nothing bad to say about Glock it is that they were just not for me.
I did try though.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guppy,
not sure if its the new barrel or the way the new grip fits my hand but when i run the target out to 25 yards i do things with the Gen 5 that i absolutely could no t do with the Gen 3 or 4.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I favor my sigs for everything but fishing and hill-bashing. I like my Glocks, but would not cry to damage or lose one. In a gunfight, (yes i have) give me a Sig. Or aq shotgun.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I own lots of Colts and Winchesters, one Sig P938, a Glock G35, and a Glock G40 MOS. I am happy.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sigs are a fine, well-built, quality, firearm. I just didn't like the ones I owned. Whether it was the bulk, the balance, the weight, or the fit (or a combination), I didn't like carrying them or shooting them.

I had a 229, 232, and a 239. Sold all three of them and don't regret it at all.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I started out with Sigs (226, 220, 229). After picking up my friend's Glock 31 and hitting everything with it seemingly without much effort, I was dumbfounded.

The lower bore axis of the Glock and the consistency of the striker trigger vs. the da/sa of the Sig were immediate aids to my shootability.

I still utterly trust the Sigs and I have not the heart to sell them, for they would not be easily replaced, expecially without significant expense (bought mine >10 years ago).

Glocks rule for me. Sigs are just pretty and are my keepsakes. Glocks are also a better value from a function vs. cost perspective. Better finish. Better magazine interchangeability and higher capacity magazines. Cheaper magazines that are themselves quite durable and corrosion resistant.

I'd regret not having a Glock for practical purposes. On the other hand, I'd regret not having a Sig simply because I "like" what they are. Still happy the Sigs were never sold to fund other projects.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wish I had bought Sig's and Glocks instead of the Ruger's I have over the last 45 yrs. I have never had a problem with any of my Sig's or Glocks. I wish I could say that with the new Ruger's. Over the last few years Ruger has replaced 4 brand new guns because of defects. From now on it's going to pretty much Sig's and possibly Glock's for me.

My first Sig was a P-245. It's still like brand new today. It's probably only had a 150 rnds or so through it.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I will forever stick with the big 4 and NEVER stray. Glock, Sig, HK, 1911! Well I might have to get a S&W 2.0 just to say Merica but that’s it. I adore my MK25. I mean seriously adore it! No need for any other brands oh shit forgot about the damn hipower but that is seriously it. I don’t care what it is. Not worth it.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, but if you will not buy a Glock, you will forever doubly regret it. Big Grin

Held/shot several Glocks but never found them interesting.
Have not bought one.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I still have 16 SIG pistols in my safe, but never really shoot them anymore.
Training with Glocks ruined me.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
I started out with Sigs (226, 220, 229). After picking up my friend's Glock 31 and hitting everything with it seemingly without much effort, I was dumbfounded.

Same here, for all the same reasons. I have nine SIGs, all German made, all pre-rail. I love them all and I will never sell them off. My 2002 P220 is still my sentimental favorite handgun. But like you, the turning point for me was firing a G31. Once I broke the ice and got past the aesthetic mental barrier that always turned me off to Glocks, I was awakened to all the advantages you described: cheaper to buy, cheaper magazines, cheaper night sights (all twelve of my Glocks wear OEM night sights that cost $57). More, better, and cheaper holster options. Better finish/corrosion treatment. Most compellingly, better ratio of capacity to weight. In each size class, the Glock is lighter, more compact, and holds more rounds than its SIG counterpart. My Glocks cover all my carry and defense needs, and my SIGs rarely leave the safe except for occasional nostalgia days at the range.

Still I agree with the OP that everyone who loves handguns needs to own at least one classic SIG, and I will never part with mine.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post