SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A SIG or Forever Regret It!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A SIG or Forever Regret It!!! Login/Join 
posted
At some point in your life you will buy a SIG Sauer firearm or you will regret your failure in executive decision forever. SIG makes outstanding quality firearms that are well worth the few extra dollars that they cost. The fit, finish, accuracy, reliability, customer service and other features speak for themselves. Whether you are a Glock-holic or an HK Disciple you know in your heart you should have started with SIG Sauer.

Your failure does not lie with buying other firearms, it only lies in your decision not to buy a SIG.

There are other firearms that go bang. But there is only one SIG Sauer. You want the gun so go buy it.

Happy shooting your SIG Sauer firearm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but if you will not buy a Glock, you will forever doubly regret it. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I guess I'm still working on that, but there just doesn't seem to be anything to regret about not having a Glock.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I guess I'm still working on that, but there just doesn't seem to be anything to regret about not having a Glock.

Ditto

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The best multicaliber pistols I can think of are a 1911, P220, Glock, and a Desert Eagle. Not much fun without being able to swap around a few times.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
quote:

Ditto

I own a number of different pistols including a Glock and shoot three time a week.

The Glock is the one that seldom sees daylight.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Even the Sig threads are all about Glock. Big Grin

I'd like to try a P-228 at some point, as it remains the only Sig I've never got to shoot - that I might some day be able to actually buy. (Not withstanding high dollar X series, 210 series, etc.)

They just seem like the best balance of all Sig's good stuff all in one place.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked over a P226 Legion this afternoon. It's used, but not very. Comes with both .40 and .357 barrels. Seems too good to pass up, and it's available on lay-away.

I already added half a dozen other Sigs this year...but it kills me to pass a good deal. Those I know I'll regret.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've had a P239 SAS for quite a number of years, but got out of the habit of shooting or carrying it. Then my buddy gave me that P229S. In giving it a thorough check-over and lube I was reminded of how nicely traditional Sigs are made.

I may add a third Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the 'forever regret' part. Well maybe...but only for certain models, like the Euro P210s and German X-Fives. At most. Admittedly I found that there's a lot of good ones but after 10 years of SIG ownership, honestly there's nothing that I couldn't have absolutely lived without.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree. The classic P-series are wonderful pistols and everybody should have the pleasure to own at least one. I would love to own a Legion & a P220 10 mm to go with my other Sigs, but money is still a little tight right now.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’ve sold almost every Sig I have ever bouch and there have been 30+. I don’t regret it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1 ! I’m fine with my P-Series Sigs and my DW 1911.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I’ve sold almost every Sig I have ever bouch and there have been 30+. I don’t regret it.

A fraction of that number for me, but one was a nice West German P220, serveral P229's including one that was a custom project with a trigger job. They were cool to own, and I started with Sig Sauer, but I can't see myself coming back from Glock to ever buy another Sig pistol.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Glock presently, but Sigs are some of the best out of the box production handguns, in my opinion. I don't think I've ever sold one.

I carried a P239 for a few years. One of these years it's going off to Bruce Gray to get worked over. It's also going to get a .357 barrel to go with the .40 it was born with.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
... I started with Sig Sauer, but I can't see myself coming back from Glock to ever buy another Sig pistol.

I think I'm going in the opposite direction. I like my G34 well enough, and no mistake. I can shoot that thing like gang-busters. But my two traditional Sigs are like engineering pieces of art compared to it.

I don't see myself ever buying another Glock, but I do see another DA/SA Sig in my future. Not-to-far-off future, God willin' and the creek don't rise Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
SSA, I sure like SIGs, carried SIGs full time, was a SIG armorer,etc. That being said, due to TV and the movies I have to wonder if many potential handgun buyers now days are aware of the availability of handguns beyond Single Action Armys, Lugers, Glocks and perhaps a few others. I doubt many would regret not buying a SIG, since it is just not on every potential buyer's radar scope as the cheaper, lighter, holds-more-ammo Glock seems to be.

Q, I'm certainly not going to chance doubly regretting not buying a Glock. I did buy a Glock. When I retired, my employer sold it to me for $1.00Wink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love my Sigs. To me, Sig Sauer firearms are the BMW of firearms; the epitome of German engineering, quality, etc. (some may argue this is not as true these days as it once was, but that's for a different thread...).

Glocks I would equate more to the Toyota of firearms; rugged, reliable, dependable, and found everywhere (you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Glock). I have several Sigs, but only a few Glocks.

I plan to buy more of both brands so that I will suffer no regrets either way! Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no gone all Gen 5 Glock (except for my Smith revolvers). Will never buy anything else. These things are truly an improvement in terms of accuracy at distance and they now fit my hand perfectly. I have 2 G19's and 2 G17's. I have sold every other semi auto i owned and there were alot including Sigs. Nothing wrong with Sigs, but i am totally hooked now on the plastic.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, but if you will not buy a Glock, you will forever doubly regret it. Big Grin

Take this in the spirit of your own post, but I just have to ask because I’ve seen your posts on your little stable of Sigs. Just what is your ratio of SIG to Glocks? Big Grin Inquiring minds want to know.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post