SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need a holster!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a holster! Login/Join 
Picture of Raff661
posted
Any recommendations on holsters for the Sig P226 Legion SAO with the obvious expectation of the legion series one lol any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Without narrowing it down a bit, you will get a million responses and even then you will get a lot of answers/suggestions.
IWB, OWB, kydex,leather, clip, straps, etc.?

I use nothing but a FIST 1AK ultra thin kydex holsters for everything I carry.

Good luck

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what purpose your holster will serve, the p226 is rather large for CC, but if that is what you have in mind, I like Milt Sparks VMII. For a less pricey choice Alien Gear or Clinger Stingray are good.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raff661
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for IWB, I don't have a CCW yet so it would just be to train and get used to it and see how I like it

Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
If just starting out with IWB, find the cheapest holster you can try it with first. That way, if it is not for you, you won't waste anymore money if you do not like IWB carry. Some people just don't like it and carry OWB exclusively.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily cheapest. Perhaps a hybrid leather/kydex. As all leather could make for un-smooth draw.
Black Arch has some nice ones for about $60. Also, the types of clips used can be an issue. I prefer the steel clips, I've had securing issues with the polymer.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
If just starting out with IWB, find the cheapest holster you can try it with first. That way, if it is not for you, you won't waste anymore money if you do not like IWB carry. Some people just don't like it and carry OWB exclusively.

I disagree. The cheapest holster you find is not likely to be very comfortable. Before I started making them I'd tried a few that were inexpensive but brand name and for me they were quite uncomfortable. I'm glad I didn't give up on IWB based on that. First real comfortable holster was a RGrizzle. I've tried making some different styles on my own that weren't for me.

The used market is a good place to start. Put up a WTB ad in the classifieds and you'll likely get some deals. Leather should accommodate the SAO legion with much issue.

This is motivating me to make an IWB for mine. I've been putting that off for a long long time and it's my most carried weapon.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raff661
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it, right now I'm leaning towards legacyfirearmco or blackarchholsters maybe even aliengear
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

I disagree. The cheapest holster you find is not likely to be very comfortable. Before I started making them I'd tried a few that were inexpensive but brand name and for me they were quite uncomfortable. I'm glad I didn't give up on IWB based on that. First real comfortable holster was a RGrizzle. I've tried making some different styles on my own that weren't for me.

The used market is a good place to start. Put up a WTB ad in the classifieds and you'll likely get some deals. Leather should accommodate the SAO legion with much issue.

This is motivating me to make an IWB for mine. I've been putting that off for a long long time and it's my most carried weapon.

Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I have an IWB for a Legion 226 SAO that will likely go completely unused, as it just doesn't work for me. I will look tomorrow and see what brand, in case you're interested.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I'm getting ready to sell most of my firearms collection I have a Milt Sparks 55BN made for my 226 Legion that I am going to sell.
http://miltsparks.com/products-55-bn.php
Its just like the black one at their site. PM me if interested.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Looks like a couple of interested sellers right here. Smile

Also, RGRIZZLE, Big River Leather, OZARK, Nightengale, DM Bullard, Garritt,...I hate it when I do this and then leave out some that I like.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post