SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your take on current pistol prices ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your take on current pistol prices ? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I havn't checked the local gun shops lately and, missed 2 gun shows this weekend passed due to work. I have been following some fairly common defense pistols on line and many have increased in price. H&K or Glock on line are sort of high with only the odd, say USP .45 with FDE frame remaining in what is a normal price range for NIB of $900.00. Other USP models in different calibers get put out to bid and the starting bid is high. Even the damn big frame Glocks seem a bit high. Gen 3 or 4 NIB are up there a bit. Like I said, I've not been in the local gun shops to compare prices so maybe I am missing something. What have you seen between on line or local in prices?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Around here, all the common mainstream defensive guns are $100-$300 higher than normal, IF you can even find any. I went to the biggest dealer in our area and the only thing they had in stock were high end 1911's and a small selection of firearms over $1K like some of the FN stuff.

Firearms that are still in the NORMAL range are the high end pistols, AR's and shotguns...think most guns exceeding $1K. A Daniel Defense AR can still be had $1,700, same price as pre-panic.

Personally, unless I can get a deal, I have no need to pay hundreds more for a gun I can wait another 4 years for or more to get.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those Special Edition Glock P80's for $599 and now it seems like regular Glocks are selling for more. Most of the guns in shops here are Caniks, CZ's, EAA, or Rock Island etc. Very few Glocks and less HK or Sig here. I did find to cases of 12 GA Dove loads for $7.49 a box today. Smile The big shops here like Kygunco and Buds still have decent inventory and prices are up a bit, but local shops have really taken a jump. Can't blame them since they can't get restocked.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I didnt even think about Buds or KY Gun. Yes, Glock and H&K is what I've been following. Did see 2 new P30Ls at decent on line prices. $749.00 per and they aren't listed now. I guess the big Glocks aren't way outside of the norm but they've definately climbed. Kinda had my heart set on a USP in either 9 or 45 or the P30L. The H&K 45 is much to my liking but they as well are getting bid up, even used guns.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
With the volume of gun sales that's been going on for a while, I've gotta wonder how much of the current state of prices is simply due to inventories having been run down. I mean, why on earth would the price of .45 Convertible Ruger Blackhawks (of all things!) have gone through the ceiling?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would not have expected a Ruger SA to go up at all. Defense guns I sort of understand. Why dealers stock doesn't get replenished is beyond my knowledge.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Prices haven't changed too drastically here yet, there's just very little inventory. I saw a couple of Ruger 5.7's for $599.99 today, but there's absolutely no ammo available.

I recently purchased a Kel-Tec PMR30 for $349.99 and have been searching high and low for .22WMR rounds but have yet to find anything locally. I hit five different shops today and nada. Had a little bit on hand and purchased some overpriced stuff online to hold me over.

I was surprised to see a Ruger 10/22 at Walmart for $229.99. They didn't have a single box of ammo of any kind.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We have a couple of local shops that still have decent prices, but their selection is starting to dwindle. I went into 4 with money in my pocket the other day, and left empty handed because I couldn't find anything to tickle my fancy.

Gunbroker, however, has gotten stupid. I've been searching for a couple of specific things...a couple of revolvers and old S&W semi-autos...and the pricing has spiked to outrageous levels even on stuff like that. It's not a great time to be buying...

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out here we definitely have been in the midst of shortages with guns. Ammo shortage...no question it's a given since that's everywhere across the country.

When you don't have nearly as much to sell as you normally would yet demand is still stupid high, raising prices is one way to keep the doors open. Not to mention that people are getting stupid money for guns all over the internet. Bills still have to get paid, as do salaries and rent. A shop owner has to make up for the lack of inventory somehow.

As for Ruger: we recently received several Ruger revolvers for the first time in nearly a year. Two GP100s, a 45LC Super Blackhawk, a Redhawk and a Wrangler, though still no LCRs. All of the guns went up in cost, though that's no surprise because it's usually around Christmas that Ruger themselves starts raising prices on their guns for the coming year.

However what was a bit of a shock to me was how much the increase is. The costs of the two GP100s are over 10% higher than what we paid just over a year ago. Consequently in maintaining our margins the retail price went up accordingly. Same with the Super Blackhawk. A similar price increase occurred with the Ruger Charger and the Magpul 10/22 Takedown that came in with the revolvers.

Despite their significantly higher prices and the reality that no ammo exists, both GP100s sold within a day. Which begs the question as to whether we should've priced them even higher. Because now that they're gone, it may be another 6 months to a year before we see another one. In that sort of negative, nothing-to-sell context, it kind of behooves us to try it with other popular firearms that we still have.

We've raised prices on guns, primarily affecting those hard-to-get models like pretty much EVERYTHING in Glock's lineup. Net increase for us was about $50 to $75, depending upon model.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Expensive. With the shortage of supply, they're selling at MSRP or even better in some places. I'm only looking for a Ruger LCP II right now, a year ago you could find them all over for $209-249, right now, nobody has them and the ones on Gunbroker are $329...plus all the transfer fees so it's not worth it.....I'd rather find one at a local dealer even at MSRP........so I'm waiting.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've maintained the same percentage of markup over cost throughout. Wholesale prices are way up, though. We did have to raise prices on our existing stock of 9mm ammo when we saw customers selling it in our parking lot. Of course, the cost of production increased as well. Many manufacturers put on extra shifts, paid overtime, hired people etc to meet the demand.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've been lucky. Found a NIB Ruger PC4 police inventory carbine from Athens Armory back in August for $500. I had been wanting the new Ruger Take Down carbine , but could never find one in .40 SW. Downside to the PC4 is magazine availabilty.

Also wanted a Glock, either a G23 or G22 for .40 compatability caliber wise with above carbine. Found an excellent condition Gen 4 G22 police trade in at a nearby police supply gun shop for $350.

So my last two purchases, to me, were good ones. But in my window shopping, prices do seem to be higher on new guns, even my local gun shops are selling used guns somewhat higher.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
All handguns at my LGS have blown way past MSRP. I don't even look anymore.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
All handguns at my LGS have blown way past MSRP. I don't even look anymore.
That is scarey and I havn't been in any of the local shops of late. If they have raised the prices that high then on line is a better way to go. Some models Glock, like the G34 seem not to be selling. Grant it, its not really a battle gun but would do in a pinch. G21 and 20 aren't terribly unreasonable, yet. The prices I see if the H&K USPs are hard to read. Maybe these aren't in production any longer. H&K 45 in the FDE frame color so far are not selling for as much as the black models. These are on line price comparisons. And, there remains the Berettas. I am following these a bit in what I recall as 92A1. Wish I could see a few of each of the 3 brands at reasonable prices which would end the decision struggle. The H&K is my most preferred as I like the safety/ decock models.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly my local shops prices haven’t changed. I was really tempted by a new G20. Most of their semi autos rifles and 9mm pistols are cleaned out.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
and, missed 2 gun shows this weekend passed due to work.

I didn't go either. One son had a friend that went and reported back to him. Shelbyville is just a lousy venue. Small and packed with folks. Parking is just where you can find it. We went to the last one and it was kind of like a dance when we were young. Packed inside. I'll go back after I get my shots (kind of like a dog). The new Florence show was a similar thing. Line to get inside wrapped around the tiny building. Inside way too many people in not enough space, the opposite of social distancing. No handguns (2) and a bunch of well worn single shot shotguns. Some bolt rifles. No ammo. No parking. Just an experiment in futility. At least the $8 entry was good. Sounds like you didn't miss anything.

With no pistols, there was no pistol price report to be found. To sum up, you didn't miss anything. Lets hope Dixon's show in Feb is better.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's your take on current pistol prices ?

Stupid high, supply and demand. I have stopped looking, will resume when the Plandemic is over

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
All I have to do for shopping online is to think about what I paid for a specific model and then double it.

LGS hasn't changed at all.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods, used pistols are commanding NIB-like prices and factory new pistols are scarce. I've noted that CZ pistols are well stocked in many places and their prices have only inched up. While a nice example of supply vs demand, it begs the question how Czechoslovakia was/is dealing with Covid-19 (... as many of the available models were produced in-country).

Second, as new pistol sticker tags have skyrocketed, it has made custom pieces more attractive - given their cost has remained fairly steady.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
While a nice example of supply vs demand, it begs the question how Czechoslovakia was/is dealing with Covid-19 (... as many of the available models were produced in-country).

I would argue that with the influx of completely new gun owners they “KNOW” Glock or Smith and Wesson or Colt, maybe Beretta or Ruger but CZ is a complete unknown to them so less of a demand.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post