SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A brace of S&W Combat Masterpieces
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A brace of S&W Combat Masterpieces Login/Join 
Picture of JohnnyD
posted
I lucked upon a 67-1 to go with my 15-3. I think they look good together. I'm happy.
I don't NEED them but I like the classic revolvers.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As gun owners go I am just out of whippersnapper generally speaking in my early 40s. That said God Damn those are awesome. I love me some revolvers. Enjoy and shoot in good health.

Mark my words. We will colonize space. When we do the Remington 870 and the AK47 will go with us and some future colonist will have a Smith revolver in his Mars nightstand.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classics for sure.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac26
posted Hide Post
Both are beautiful finds, great pictures too.

Posts: 191 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great looking pair.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My USAF issued artillery! Still miss it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesomeness...

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, indeed! Now, you need to add a 2" version to your collection. Thanks for posting,

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look great. A couple of treasures.

Posts: 458 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Fine examples of superb revolvers. I carried two different 19's and a 15 in my career, always felt adequately armed. Every pre-lock K frame I ever fired was smooth as silk

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine S&W Revolvers. They just work and do the job.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very handsome. And a K frame is the ideal revolver in my book.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First gun I ever owned, at 14, a Model 67. Still have it. I hate the stock grips but they look great.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Nice! A Model 15 was my Dad's issued sidearm as a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy many moons ago.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad y'all enjoyed the pics.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need has nothing to do with anything involving classic wheelguns. I recently came across a barely used S&W 13-4 with the original box for $474 OTD.I already had 4 357s,Rugers and Smiths that I rarely shoot. It still came home with me and has an honored spot in my collection. Shoots great, too. Revolvers Rule!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Niiiiiiiice!

Interesting that S&W didn't use a stainless rear sight on the M67.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the 4 inch Combat Masterpiece has the finest balance of any revolver ever made.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice revolvers, there! Congrats!

Thank God "need" isn't a requirement in this country -- I've got lots of guns I don't "need"! (But if she asks, tell my wife I "need" all of them...) Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful weapons. Who doesn't like the refined elegance of the smith vs the rather utilitarian clunkyness of the ruger ( I have both it's ok)

quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Nice revolvers, there! Congrats!

Thank God "need" isn't a requirement in this country -- I've got lots of guns I don't "need"! (But if she asks, tell my wife I "need" all of them...) Wink

They are investments! That's what you tell the wife...

I think the K frame smith is pretty much the perfect gun. From .22 to .32 to .38 to .357. There is a model and barrel length for you at an affordable price. How many 4-6 inch smith .38's are tucked in a nightstand in this country, if not around the world, shot once for familiarity and then loaded up with 6 and put away for an event that we pray never occurs. ammo pretty much doesn't go bad. Springs don't go bad from being set.. I would posit quite a few. Whether bought new or surplus'd out PD or military guns.

My first revolver is my 4 inch 19. Have acquired many 2,3,4 and 6 inch k frames since...and J and N frames too!

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post