SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Times have changed: LGS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Times have changed: LGS Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I stopped in this week to look around. Not only were there full shelves and display cases but there were EIGHT Sig Navys P226s in the case, 4 in evil black 4 in desert tan. Not that long ago it was nigh impossible to find one.

Now, the prices haven't come down on them, so maybe some things haven't changed.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Now, the prices haven't come down on them, so maybe some things haven't changed.

I'm seeing lower prices in the local places. Not across the board, and not all a ton cheaper, but yes, they're feeling the pinch.

I was having a conversation with the gunsmith at the place across the street from work a couple months ago and he was cussing out Trump because their business effectively stopped after the election. On my way out the door, disgusted at the conversation, I noted two counter monkeys who had been less-than-helpful with me during the craze the preceding years out front with knee pads and gardening tools weeding the rock bed under the main window. I couldn't help but smile. They looked ridiculous in their 5.11's and open carry Bat belts, gun store polo shirts and tinted safety lenses, all kitted up for a match plus these cute knee pads, diligently digging in the rockbed for weeds.

Salad days are back for the consumer, that's for sure. For how long, and what it will do to the gun industry is another question.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"...gunsmith at the place across the street from work a couple months ago and he was cussing out Trump because their business effectively stopped after the election."

What a selfish, short-sighted jackass. I hope he goes out of business.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
One local shop in northern AZ told me yesterday their business has dropped about 30% since the election.

But is anyone here wishing Hillary had won? Roll Eyes

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para once said to stock up when it was quiet. Well, it's quiet. so I am, and the prices are great.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Para once said to stock up when it was quiet. Well, it's quiet. so I am, and the prices are great.

Agreed! I may not be buying more firearms right now but I am using the calm to catch up on range time, stocking up on munitions, and buying the accessories I had delayed on buying during the panic.

Of course, I am also saving up on a Scorpion now that the prices have settled down and now that SB Tactical has a folding brace.

The good news is this slump (still better numbers than before the Obama administration took office) ought to force gun companies to be more innovative.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post