SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags. Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Lately, during daylight hours, 649 with 2 spare speed strips. Loaded with
357 Mag - 125 Grain Lead-Free HP - Barnes TAC-XPD.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work it’s a glock 34 with 19+1, three 21 red pmags on the belt, a glock 48 on the vest with 10+1, and a spare g48 mag with 10....

So yeah, I’m kinda “that guy” cause I just did the math and that’s 104 rounds.

Oh, got a 20 red pmag of 5.56, too.

But we work single coverage on graveyards, so I always flash back to my grade school teacher when she caught you with gum in class: “did you bring enough for EVERYBODY?”

Not working, it’s the 48 and a spare mag or maybe two, or a 17 and a spare.

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can never have enough...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhe58xORWG0

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Normally carry gun and 2 spare mags.
CZ-75B — 17+1 in gun, plus 2 19-rounders.
M11-A1 — 15+1 in gun, plus 2 15-rounders.
XD-S/9 — 8+1 in gun, plus 2 8-rounders.
G19X — 17+1 in gun, plus 2 19-rounders.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Current carry pistols:
92 WC CenTac - 18+1 and 18rd spare mag
92 Compact - 13+1 - 18rd spare
PX4 Compact - 15+1 - 17rd spare
320 Compact w/ XC1 Light - 15+1 - 17rd spare

If dress or situation calls for LCP or J-frame, spare mag or speed strip.

And if we're being honest, G26 with flush fit 10 round mag, no spare for the quick trips to grab takeout or c-store. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
13+1, pistol. Spare magazine is 17 rounds.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
P224 in 357 sig. 10+1 and 2 extra 12 round magazines = 35

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Hate to admit it, but my EDC is:

J-frame air-weight loaded with 5. No spare anything. So, a total of 5.

Unless I'm going to Portland, in which case it's a P220 (8+1) with one spare mag (8).

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
7+1 .380 most of the time in light clothing months. 6+1 9mm in heavier clothing months. No spare mags. I don't see a need to carry more in my state where I am surrounded by CCW (since no license required in Idaho).

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
If it is 20, you are fucked, no matter how much ammo.

More than likely but I'll take as many with me as I can.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My current CC pistol (9mm) holds 7+1 with the flush-base magazine. I usually carry one spare mag that holds 8.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
6+1 with a spare mag everyday

I always carry at least one reload that means 13 to 50 rounds.

When in crowds.... malls, fairs etc I will normally carry 4-6 spare mags plus OC and a couple BOKs...

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 with one spare mag. The spare mag is in case of malfunction. I hope to never engage in something that needs more than a few rounds.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911 Sig stainless compact, 7+1 with 8 in extra mag. XDs 9mm, 7+1 with 8 in an extra mag. And when I'm in the Jeep, one of those plus a 10.5" AR pistol and I don't know how many mags...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
G19 15+1, 17-rd spare mag.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
most of these posts are making me feel under gunned at 12 + 1

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
7+1 .380 most of the time in light clothing months. 6+1 9mm in heavier clothing months. No spare mags. I don't see a need to carry more in my state where I am surrounded by CCW (since no license required in Idaho).

Roll Eyes

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read, not just on this forum, but all of the Internet.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Not trying to criticize but those who do not carry a reload...how to deal with a magazine related malfunction?

And consider the ANTIFA crowds issue......I have carried 5 shot Jframes and will again but always with at least 1 reload.

to those who do not carry a reload...
You have nothing to explain to me or anyone else on this board but I would hope to keep all the members alive, please consider carrying at least one reload.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
I carry 10 + 1 in a P320 subcompact, plus two spare 10 round (NY state limit Roll Eyes ) mags.

Where in Putnam are you? E-mail is in my profile.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post