SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
G30 10+1 with a 13rd spare.
XDM compact 9mm 13+1 with 19rd spare
P3AT in pocket 7+1 with 6rd spare

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
George Carlin did a bit back in the 80's about how people drive. Anyone who drives slower than you is an asshole and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac.
I can't help but think about that when I read these threads. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
P6 with 8+1. Sometimes throw another mag in my pocket with another 8.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Either 8+1, plus 8...

or

6, plus 12

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15+1 in the gun and 2 spare 15s. At home it's 12+1

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P6 with 8+1 and a spare 8. I shamelessly copied the T-Rex Arms "Sidecar" AIWB holster which incorporated a spare mag pouch into the design.

On the occasions I'm carrying my P226 it will be 18+1 in the gun and another 18 if I'm carrying a spare.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
If I'm wearing pants I've got the LCP in a pocket. But no spare mag.

Some days I've also got the P229 IWB (it's .40 so 12+1). Most often with no spare mag. Some few days I also have the mag carrier for the 229, so add on 12+12.

Sometimes the lack of spare ammo (or just a spare mag in the event of a problem with the mag) for the LCP bothers me. I just ordered a pocket organizer/mag carrier for spare LCP mags (I have 2 spares available just don't carry them). We'll see how that works.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently carry a P225A1 along with a spare magazines for a total of seventeen rounds (8+1+8).

Am I happy with this loadout? Nope, not in the least. I carried either a Beretta 92 or a Sig P229-1 for years and always carried a spare magazines for a total of thirty-one rounds and it took the heat of last summer and a new position within my office that required a wardrobe change for me to finally downsize to a single stack.

I contemplated downsizing from the P229 to first the P239 and later the P225A1 several times before making the switch and almost every time while I would be considering the benefits of a smaller framed pistol I would read about or see a news story that would stop me in my tracks. Recently, I have been considering switching back to the P229 after reading about several animal attacks on children with the most recent being a pair of pit bulls mauling a 7-year old in Tulsa.

Do I have enough faith that the nine rounds of 147-grain +P HST already loaded could stop two or more large animals attacking my child or that I could reload fast enough to add an additional eight rounds? I don’t know.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
15+1 in the gun. spare mag in the car, spare mag in the backpack. rarely do I have a spare mag on me.

Oh, unless I have the shoulder holster, then 15+1 +30 in mags.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
13+1 and a spare 13rd mag.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15+1 124+P Gold Dots in 9mm P320 compact, spare 21 round mag if going shopping or to a function.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry 8 in a 1911 45 acp. normally no extra magazine or rounds.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
13+1 in the pipe and 2 spare mags, occasionally a 3rd in a pocket with a neomag.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS 7 rounds and no spare magazine.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current EDC is Sig P250 Compact fo-tay with 14 rounds of Underwood 180gr in the gun and one spare mag.
The only time I carry two spare mags is if I tote my 1911 or P220.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Precisely 2.3 rounds, regardless of caliber. Razz

That's the statistical average of shots fired in a gunfight.

It's a real SOB dealing with the last three-tenths of a round though...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 in the already summer weight clothes here with a 10 rd and a 12 round mag. So 22 if I don’t +1.

Truck gun - P229 - 3 x 15 rd mags.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I carry one gun-full and one reload, be it a magazine or speed strip. (Sometimes two speed strips, but that sort of defeats the purpose of carrying the ultra light aluminum J-frame.)

So the number of rounds varies with the gun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Apparently, I'm "overloaded". M&P compact 2.0 (w/RMR) 15+1 plus 2 17rd mags on my belt & 1-17rd mag in my "snagmag" in my pocket. Plus my LCP II with 7rds in a IWB holster at 7 o'clock as a bug. You just never know. In todays world it could be one or two bad guys, it might be 10-20.

If it is 20, you are fucked, no matter how much ammo. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post