SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds do you normally carry? in gun/spare mags. Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
(10+1)+15=26.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P 3.6 compact, usually. 15+1 in the gun, one or two 17 round spares. If not that, a Shield 9mm with 7+1 in the gun and two 8 round spares.

At work, a Gen 4 Glock 17 with three spares.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
13+1 357SIG IWB
Or
10+1 9mm pocket carry

Need to get back in the habit of carrying a reload, need to get a mag carrier for the P320.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
12+1 Sig 365 or 12+1 with a FNS9 compact.

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P228...18+1 with one or two (18 round mags) depending on my scheduled travel...

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
15+1 and a spare 15 rounder

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Apparently, I'm "overloaded". M&P compact 2.0 (w/RMR) 15+1 plus 2 17rd mags on my belt & 1-17rd mag in my "snagmag" in my pocket. Plus my LCP II with 7rds in a IWB holster at 7 o'clock as a bug. You just never know. In todays world it could be one or two bad guys, it might be 10-20.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
7+1 & 8 on body, with 8 in briefcase during the week.

Weekends usually 13+1 & 15.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There was a post somewhere years ago where some guy said he carried a Glock 17 with 4 extra mags, a Glock 26 with 3 extra mags, handcuffs, two knives, 2 surefires, pepper spray, a JFrame etc. etc. etc. he finished with “the way I figure it I’m ready for anything”

The next post down.....

“Oh yeah.....what if you have to swim?”

Golfers clap well played sir whomever you were.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Sig P220/10mm (8+1) +8 +8 = 25

Every day

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Sig P220/10mm (8+1) +8 +8 = 25

Every day

Overkill Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Compactsig
posted Hide Post
12+1+12

Posts: 101 | Location: Treasure Coast, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 Gen3, 10 plus 1, 14 rounds in G19 mag for reload

25 total

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
On duty it’s gen4 31 with two mags on the belt and P365 as bug.

Off duty it’s a 32 with one 15rd mag on belt and P365 as bug.

Either way should be enough to get to the car which has more ammo and a rifle.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DW CCO 1911 .45ACP... 7+1. Spare mag at times.

Glock 19... 14+1.

Average number of rounds in a gunfight, THREE ... at SEVEN FT.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how old that stat is.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
There was a post somewhere years ago where some guy said he carried a Glock 17 with 4 extra mags, a Glock 26 with 3 extra mags, handcuffs, two knives, 2 surefires, pepper spray, a JFrame etc. etc. etc. he finished with “the way I figure it I’m ready for anything”

The next post down.....

“Oh yeah.....what if you have to swim?”

Golfers clap well played sir whomever you were.

... still laughing ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warm weather: G19 15+1+17 round spare = 33
Cold weather: P226 18+1+18 round spare = 37

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
A 365 is my normal daily/work week carry: 10 + 1 in the pistol, a 12 round mag on the belt.

For occasions outside of my normal work week, I've been carrying my PC .45 Shield, ( 7 + 1 in the pistol, two more 7 rounders on the belt, ) and the 365 with the same load out above.

Whenever I fill in at the LGS, I'll carry a Gen 4 G31 with three full mags and one in the chamber, then the 365 as a BUG.

For my daily/work week carry, I feel that the 365 is simply adequate, however I'd prefer to have something a bit more substantial, but work conditions tend to mitigate against this. The 365 is a good balance though.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only constant is that I keep a G18 mag inside my truck, though it is not quite full, so, not quite 30+ rounds. (I do not leave any firearms inside the truck.)

A near-constant is my “almost-always” gun, which is a G42, regardless of what else I may be carrying.

If an auto-pistol is my primary, I tend to wear at least one spare magazine, on my person. This is usually a G17, but may be a G19, G19x, or, occasionally, a 1911.

If a revolver is my primary, I tend to carry at least two reloads, if not three, on my person.

I often do have more than one firearm with me, a habit I started while working for a big-city PD. Having been retired for a little over a year, I have not yet established a true everyday-carry, most-favored weapon, or combination of weapons, so anything I type, today, may be out-of-date soon, especially if I switch “primary” sides*, due to issues with my right thumb and wrist.

*I am left handed, but right-armed, and though functionally ambidextrous, with handguns, each hand “favors” different systems, such as DA/SA pistols being better candidates for left-side carry.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post