SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Scorpion Metal feed lip magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion Metal feed lip magazines Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Is this a concern? What companies offer metal feed lips? Historically I know that in the beginning of the Scorpion being on the market some had broken the OEM polymer magazines but is it a legitimate concern? Thought about buying some metal feed lips for duty magz delegating my OEM versions for range practice. Anyone have info?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
legitimate concern?

IMO no, it isn't.

There were some issues with 20rd mags that had been sold with 30rd mag springs, but that's all I've seen.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I have a carbine version, and have had no issues with the factory mags (around 2500 rounds fired).

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Some of the very early mags had an issue, wasn’t relegated to size that I ever saw, but CZ swapped those out without issue. I have some of the Manticore Arms 32 round mags with metal feed lips, but only because I can.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Prepper Gun Shop has them on sale for $19.99 with 33% off of shipping.

I ordered 6 just because at $20 a piece seemed like a good deal.

Looks like they are out of stock now, but might want to watch for their availability to change.

Clear are in stock now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It was a known problem when they first came out. CZ was really good at replacing them. However, the problem lead to Prepper and Manticore Arms coming up with the metal ones to take CZ on. The price at $20.00 has really dropped.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Prepper Gun Shop has them on sale for $19.99 with 33% off of shipping.

I ordered 6 just because at $20 a piece seemed like a good deal.

Looks like they are out of stock now, but might want to watch for their availability to change.

Clear are in stock now.

I have a package on the way from Prepper also.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post