SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Upgrades?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Upgrades? Login/Join 
posted
I want to upgrade a CZ pistol, in this case a SP-01 safety model 9mm.
Do our CZ shooters have a trigger of preference? I am debating either the 85 combat style or switching to SAO and a flat style trigger (being a manual safety gun). The stock trigger is functional, but feels "odd" to me.

Can I retrofit a strong side only safety? I see a Shadow model that looks a lot like the 1911 safeties I am used to.

If I wish to install the parts myself, is there a functional difference in buying from CZCustom or Cajun Gun Works? May or may not do an action package mostly to get rid of this goofy ass ring hammer.

I realize I probably should have bought a shadow, but they were not available thru my LGS when I bought this gun, so I will customize to make do.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I prefer the old style 85C trigger. I don't think you can run strong side only, but you should be able to put a big safety on the left and thin on the right.

Both companies are good to deal with, some of the CGW stuff isn't "production legal" (The CGW version of the old style 85 trigger, the CGW race hammer, etc) if competition is one of the uses you see for this gun. You can buy the CZ competition hammer from CGW, but he doesn't sell the factory old style CZ85c trigger... or at least he didn't when I last did this a couple years ago.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The folks at CGW are arguably the friendliest and most helpful people in the firearm business. I highly recommend them.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another +1 for CGW. I have had a 75 and P-09 worked on by them and am just awaiting their okay to send them my P-07. The gunsmith will call you when it's on the bench and discuss what you want done. They explain it all very well.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was contemplating buying an SP01 (safety) as I really like the ergos of the pistol, called CGW and asked about getting one converted to SA as I don't like DA/SA and discuss the cost. CGW does excellent job and have great costumer service but onces I added all the cost of the build and features I saw that I was within a few dollars of a Sig P226 Legion SAO that had all I wanted out of the box. I had a SP01 in the past but sold it as cost of upgrades was more than I wanted to spend but non the less it still a great gun. As for my P226 Legion SAO I paid $1150.00 out the door and found 20 rdn mags with free shipping for $25.00 and now that I have a few rounds through all I can say is that is one hell of handgun for the price.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My purchase price on the SP01 leaves me about $600 to play with for upgrades before I get into your legion territory. Really only looking for a trigger, hammer, sights (maybe) and a safety right now. Should have plenty left for mags.

Will peruse the CGW & CZC sites tomorrow, see who has best price/most in stock items.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a side, is the SAO conversion more involved than I was led to believe. I understood old trigger out, SA trigger in and function test. The SA trigger has no provision for DA, so...?

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
On a side, is the SAO conversion more involved than I was led to believe. I understood old trigger out, SA trigger in and function test. The SA trigger has no provision for DA, so...?

You can purchase the CZ 75 Shadow SA for around $800 and it's a super fun gun to shoot. The only downside is that I don't like the safeties. The lack of firing pin block and steel frame makes it feel like cheating at the range.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I really wish CZ would make a flat trigger just like the SA for their TDA guns. I love my 75SA flat trigger and would change out all of my others for it.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not be in a hurry to convert a CZ to SAO unless you only wanted the flat trigger. I have several in the da/sa configuration and simply run them as single action. I did add the large safety to them. With a little work, the trigger can be spectacular.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would look for a plain SAO gun, but I prefer the full dust cover Sp01 frames. I will take a look around & see what is available this weekend.