SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Apparently isn't modular at all...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Apparently isn't modular at all... Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
Is there a good place to buy P320 items? I can't seem to find caliber x-change kits anywhere. Can't really be a modular design when none of the parts and pieces are available for purchase.

What about slides? Can you just buy a slide or do you have to buy the whole kit? I'd like a compact slide with an optic on it.

thanks

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The lack of caliber exchange kits has been quite evident for 2-3 years. SIG probably won't be producing them again in volume until the "upgrade" is complete. What gripes me is the price of the P320 kits has gone up so much in price (over $400 now). The P250 kits are much less but also hard to find.

I looked yesterday and found one or two vendors with full size P320 kits in 9mm and .40s&w only. I want a compact kit in .357sig (CALX320C357BSS). I would suggest you search the SIG site to obtain the product number, then search with that specific number. You might get lucky.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. I found one in full-size and grabbed it. They are easier to buy as a gun and price wise makes more sense.

The price point of the Xchange kit will have to come down. If not, it becomes silly to buy them, cheaper to just buy a gun and sell the parts you don’t want.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yep. I found one in full-size and grabbed it. They are easier to buy as a gun and price wise makes more sense.

The price point of the Xchange kit will have to come down. If not, it becomes silly to buy them, cheaper to just buy a gun and sell the parts you don’t want.

That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

Still, I can't hardly find them in stores. As az said, probably going to have to wait until this whole "upgrade" mess is behind us.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And not modular with the .45, and not modular with the new X-carry grip frame, etc.

With the army contract ramping up, and the upgrade issue on top of it, I highly doubt the shortage will end any time soon

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord V, I have read that if you start with a 45 it is modular. You lose the mag safety element during takedown with 9/40/357 but that wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I think the modularity of the gun is kind of a moot point these days. You can find the while gun for $450 why spend $400 for a caliber exchange kit.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
It's a common theme with Sig. What about the MPX caliber exchange kits? As soon as it was evident that they were most likely vaporware I sold mine.
It's the primary reason I purchased it. My 320 isn't going anywhere. I love shooting that gun. It makes me look good.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is partially due to the voluntary upgrade program. All of the kits need to be modified or updated.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forty Cal
posted Hide Post
About a year ago when I ordered my P320 carry I had my dealer order me a full size exchange kit. It took about 4 months to get the x-change kit. Fast forward to present time with the voluntary fixes I would expect to see very little x change kits for a decent price.

Posts: 1301 | Location: The Golden State--CA | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is I tried to sell my full sized exchange kit awhile back and it got no takers. So, I sent it in for the upgrade and will keep it.

Basically, if I want an exchange kit I will buy a gun. Get a second mag and an fcu for about a hundred-ish bucks more. No brainer.

posted Hide Post
It's still modular. Unfortunately, it has become far less modular since it's inception. Bought my P320C 9mm in in January 2015.

First, I liked the overall concept with the FCU and the Grip Frame Modules (GFM). Was also impressed with a number of SF posts regarding the handling and shooting characteristics. The X-Change kit capabilities were a bonus, not a primary consideration.

After several months of familiarity with shooting it, I was impressed. Consequently, I picked up a Full-Size .40 X-Change kit, SC GFM and a number of mags for all three configurations. Upgraded the TDL, when that became available.

The promotional pricing at the time worked for me. The X-Change kits were $300 before they jumped to $400. With the Sig registration deal (at the time), got 20% off on the $300 for a net $240. No complaints. Same for the discounted mags.

Disappointed that the modularity between the 9/357/40 and .45 ACP never materialized. Also, the pricing on the X-Change kits pretty much whacks that part of the modularity as well. In today's market, I'd just buy a complete pistol instead.

We are now left with a less modular platform, but still one with a lot of good features and performance.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, I like the concept of the pistol far more than the pistol itself.

But even amongst the vapor ware of this modular pistol, it is still the most modular of them all.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding them. I had the same issue when the P250 came out. A modular gun that lacks modular components.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The Pro Shop had them in stock for a lot less than $400. anyone paying that price is nuts.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Almost 10 years before I bought my P320 Carry TACOPS I bought my P229R that became "modular" before modular was cool.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Damn you Z06, now I'm drooling all over myself.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Almost 10 years before I bought my P320 Carry TACOPS I bought my P229R that became "modular" before modular was cool......

Cool. But how come the FCU has all that stuff hanging off it? Razz

Double drool...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The FCU, at top level, was designed with departments and armorers in mind. It is a great design for .mil and .le.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a helluva first post.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post