SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225A mag catch reversal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225A mag catch reversal? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody know if the magazine catch on the new(er) P225A can be swapped to the right side?

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Do you have the owner manual? It should show you how.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing, but the only 225 manual I could find online says nothing about it. It also no longer contains the fully exploded parts diagrams - they only explode them out to field stripped. The frame parts are not shown at all. Really dumbed down from the old manuals.

From the pictures I've seen, it's not the same arrangement as the other P-series with the swappable back plate. It looks more like the Sig Pro, two-piece type.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll just have to try it, but the newer mag catches give me fits. Was hoping for a firm answer before messing with it.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I don't have one. If it is similar to the SIGPro series, then all you need is a paper clip.

MagCatchRelease by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post