SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have some Glock mag compatibility questions regarding conversion kits and generations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have some Glock mag compatibility questions regarding conversion kits and generations Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I recently bought a G23 that I intend on fitting with a .357 Sig barrel and I just want to double check my thinking with you guys.

I think that I can use .40 and .357 Sig mags interchangeably. Meaning I can load .357 Sig marked mags with .40 ammo when I have the .40 barrel in and load .40 mags with .357 sig ammo when I have that barrel in. Is that correct?

And are Gen 3 mags compatible with Gen 4 frames so long as I don't switch the mag release to lefty?

Thanks!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Short answers:

Yes

Yes

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Short answers:

Yes

Yes

Thanks!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the wonderful of Glock. I carried a Gen3 G32 for years and often used 40 cal mags. Never an issue.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The most recent .40 follower looks just like the most recent .357 follower.

I was just at the LE dealer when I bought my 19X and I needed a dozen Glock 31 mags, they didn't have any in stock so I bought a dozen Glock 22 mags. No worries.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup,

You can also swap the barrel and make it a 9mm.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yup,

You can also swap the barrel and make it a 9mm.

I plan on doing that as well. Smile I already have a ton of Glock 17, 18 and 19 mags so I knew I was all set there. I wish that I had realized the versatility of buying the G23 over the G19 years ago because I might only own G23's if I had.

My plan is to buy a threaded barrel in each caliber and then a suppressor for it.

posted Hide Post
It's been awhile since I did this, but at the time there were reports that the interchange on magazines was a maybe depending on the follower generation. I personally did not experience it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses!