SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion, DA/SA or SAO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion, DA/SA or SAO? Login/Join 
posted
Which to buy? How do the triggers compare in SA mode? Is the SAO trigger better than the DA/SA trigger when in SA?
Thanks
Carl

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think that the SAO is much better than the DA/SA gun in SA. And I'm a DA/SA guy. The SA is so crisp and short on the SAO that I can knock out .15 splits without a lot of issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you want to do with the gun. If its just trigger time at the range get the SAO gun all day long. Carry it, I wouldn't but that's just me.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO! Both are nice, but edge to the SAO.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting DA/SA Sigs for many years but when I got the Legion 226 SAO I noticed my scores went up immediately. I have not yet come to carrying it daily but I am working toward that

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first pistol I bought after not owning any for several years was a DA/SA P226. Loved it, but put a Wolff 17lb mainspring in it to lighten the trigger. Trigger was very nice, especially after adjusting for over travel.

Happened to check out a P226RX SAO at my local SIG Elite dealer and it was a game changer! Amazing trigger, light, crisp and with minimal travel. Ended up being the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. Soon after I bought a SAO Legion.

SAO is the way to go IMHO.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a regular DA/SA 226 and a 226 Legion SAO

I love my SAO!

The trigger is dang near as good as some less expensive 1911s with the added advantages of being able to load/unload with the safety already engaged and double stack capacity.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never cared much for a SIG SA. If SA is what I wanted I would have a good 1911. Carried one for 20+ years. Gotta say tho' the SA in my P226 Legion DA/SA is better than most 1911's on the street.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
The SAO is a sweet ride and I went that route because I wanted to carry and shoot the piss out of it at the range.

I have always rocked the DA/SA for carry for a few reasons, but made the decision to transition to the SAO because I have always shot it better. Ultimately, I had decided to stop carrying the SAO Legion because about once a day I managed to disengage the ambi safety. I love the Legion and it gets shot every range visit, but until I can upgrade the safety it will remain my range whore.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm an SAO guy, so you know which one I like. For either the P226 Legion SAO or the P226 Elite SAO, I'd send it to Robert Burke for his superb action job. Robert mailed my X5 Comp back to me 18 days after he received it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bofire:
Which to buy? How do the triggers compare in SA mode? Is the SAO trigger better than the DA/SA trigger when in SA?
Thanks
Carl

For me at the range, SAO all day long.
For carry, DA/SA

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Legion DA/SA--but would like to add a SAO. But what I would really like is a Legion 226 SAO RX.

Posts: 10 | Location: Florida Space Coast | Registered: August 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post