SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New "Made in Poland" VIS 35 pistols available again...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "Made in Poland" VIS 35 pistols available again... Login/Join 
posted
…which is great news for one of the outstanding handguns made during the late 1930s and WW II. Unfortunately, the bad news is that only 50(!) are being manufactured and the worse news is that each will cost about $4000. Damn, too bad they weren't making 500 pistols at 1/4 the cost.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Confused At what market is this aimed?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Good FB customers, collectors and rich Polish patriots

The VIS Radom 35 was a well made pistol but an average performer. It did everyhing well but nothing other pistols could not do either. The Petter 1935 and the FHGP saw light in the same year. The HP is still as it is and the Petter became the P210. The Radom vanished because of it´s manufacturing cost.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
At what market is this aimed?

IIRC from the blurb, it's only being offered in Poland.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the VIS 35 is definitely a decent pistol. I have a wartime era one and shoot it once in a while. What really killed the VIS 35 was the end of WW II and the geographical location of Poland. After the Soviet Union began to call the shots in what was to become the Warsaw Pact countries, those countries turned to producing arms chambered for Soviet cartridges. So, no more need for the VIS 35 since it was chambered in 9 mm Luger. That's how I see it.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post