SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 22LR conversion unit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 22LR conversion unit Login/Join 
posted
Hi, Guys. I found a new old stock P220 conversion unit and need to know if it will fit my P220. I've hear they won't work in some pistols. I bought the P220 used so don't know its vintage. It's a stainless external extractor model S/N G528xxx. I haven't tried to fire it but it seems to fit and function fine with dummy rounds. I can still return it as long as I don't fire it if for some reason it won't work.

Am I good to go with this or should I sell it to my brother for his P220?

Joe

Posts: 7 | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
As long as the NOS kit has the one piece barrel/chamber and the American style mag release, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.

G528XXX should be made within the last few years. This kit should work fine.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has a one piece barrel and American mag release. Is it normal for the slide to not lock back when empty?

Joe

posted Hide Post
yes

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Joe, there is a Canadaian co. called "GS Designs" that sell mags that WILL lock back that kit on the last round. I own several and they work. They do ship to the states...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Joe, there is a Canadaian co. called "GS Designs" that sell mags that WILL lock back that kit on the last round. I own several and they work. They do ship to the states...

How durable are they? Glock like or something else?

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Wally. I'll have to check them out.

Joe

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Ya mine does not lock back either, but other than that they are gtg.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
A fun fact about this conversion slide is it will also function on a P226 frame. All you need are the correct mags for it to work.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:

How durable are they? Glock like or something else?

They are actually 3D Printed. Not bad.They work. But not many mags are "bombproof" like Glock mags are...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post