SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 TACOPS Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 TACOPS Questions Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about making the plunge into the 1911 platform, but have been hesitant due to cost and reputation for being somewhat finnicky. Another reason was historic limitations on caliber. One of the things I appreciate about my Sig pistols is the ability to run multiple calibers from the same pistol with a barrel, spring, and sometimes a mag change.

Now I see that the Sig TACOPS is available in 45, 10 mm, and 357 Sig (my favorite self-defense round).

Is it possible to move between 357 Sig, & 10 mm with just a barrel, bushing, spring, and mag change?

How about all three calibers? This would be perfect, but I suspect that there would be both an extrator and chamber face issue.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody??

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Consider that the slide breechface is caliber-specific. A .45 slide would be too wide, and the extractor and ejector in the wrong place to accommodate just the smaller 357 Sig case rim. The frame feed ramp is also shaped differently among different calibers so I suspect your answer is no. Bounce this off Sig CS for the final word.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
In a normal 1911 you would need a complete upper for each caliber change. You can get away with fitting a 2nd barrel for 9mm/38spl or 10mm/.40.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post