SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who here has had Sig Custom-Shop work done?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here has had Sig Custom-Shop work done? Login/Join 
posted
About how long did it take (time-wise) and were you satisfied with the results?

Thinking of Action Package and getting Xray sights put on my 229 SAS/357 sig.

Thanks,

P

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy

Posts: 169 | Registered: April 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I asked a similar question not too long ago, re my P245: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9200049524.

The overwhelming response from members here, was: Send it to Robert "The SIG Armorer" Burke.

My pistol is currently in his hands. I hope to see it before too long. I will post a report once I have it back and have an opportunity to try it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I've had the Custom Shop work on quite a few triggers during their promos. The price was right and the work was great. Drop off and pick up. Didn't have to deal with crazy shipping charges. Bruce Gray would have been a better choice but I couldn't justify the higher expense.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple triggers slicked up a bit. Satisfied with the $/results/time frame. The Big Job was when the finish was sliding off my Kryptek 220-10.

Turn around was faster than anticipated, usually a matter of just a few weeks. They remachined a whole new slide AND applied new finish for my 220, all in pleasantly short time frame.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I had the AEP done on a P229R-9mm (also had the Short Reset Trigger installed). The gun was out of my hands for 9 days (this was in 2007).

Was I satisfied? Yes and no. The action was enhanced just as claimed. The trigger felt wonderful. However, it did not feel any more wonderful than my P228 that had a few thousand rounds through it and no trigger job. So for $150 + S/H I had a smooth, broken-in shooter without the wait, the cost of a bunch of ammo, and the extra wear-and-tear on the gun.

Would I do it again? If I had the chance to do it again yes, but this time I would probably send it to Bruce Gray, even at a higher cost. Seems like you really do get what you pay for.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
No, but Gray Guns has worked on every Sig I own.

Every once in a while they offer the CRRAP (custom reduced reset action package) and it's a lot of bang for the buck. Their Action Cleanup Perfection is nice on a concealed carry gun with a SRT. However, my favorite is their Competition Short Reset Package as the SA is the nicest trigger I've felt on a sub-$3000 gun.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yes, and they ruined the finish on my P229. Sent it in for the AEP, trigger work was fine, but not my frame. Sent them the pics of the damage they did and they basically told me to pound sand.

Send it to Robert Burke.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12623 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about Gerry Rittacco at Total Automation in VA. Highly regarded. I had him do trigger work on my 226 Dark Elite and afterwards he took me to his backyard range to try it out. Outstanding job. If you live in VA you can make appointment and take gun to him. Impressive shop. Only downside is you'll need to figure out what to do to kill time for the few hours he needs.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything I had done was about two weeks turnaround. May want to call CS and ask whether the Sig Voluntary Upgrade program will affect other work. If so, all bets are off.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post