SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PK380
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PK380 Login/Join 
Picture of Spieler
posted
My adult daughter was recently given a slightly used Walther PK380 by her boyfriend. She took it to the range today and ran a box of Winchester White Box and had multiple stoppages. She and her BF both had issues. I wasn't there so I cannot elaborate on what the issues were. I'm just curious what kind of track record this gun has.

Please enlighten me with your experiences. Thanks.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I bought a PK380 for my two teenage daughters to use a few years ago when moving them up the caliber scale and have not had any issues with ours. It has been 100% reliable out of the box and it quite surprised us with excellent accuracy equivalent to larger, full size 9mm pistols. Maybe break it down and make sure it is clean, free of any debris and obvious grime that might interfere with functioning? Lubricate with a quality lubricant, reassemble and re-test it yourself. Only way to know for sure if it is the pistol, or possibly the shooters and how they are gripping / handling the pistol.

Especially for the price, I have found it to be a reliable and very soft/nice shooting .380 pistol. The only downside is needing a tool to break it down and some might say the slide mounted safety, but we have found it to be unobtrusive. For a concealed carry pistol, I prefer the Glock G42 .380 though.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
That about right, feel the drag when you rack the slide on the hammer and the mags springs are to weak. trade up to a p99 or ppq two of the best guns i have owned since Sig and HP

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
We have a PK380 with around 1000 rounds thru the tube. Great little pistol - easy for the GF to rack and low recoil. Ours doesn't care for cheap ammo, but runs great with decent brass cased ammo and federal HST. Only had issues ejecting properly with herter's that I can recall - never bought the stuff but a friend gave us a bunch when he got out of the .380 game

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
The PK380 is referred to as Umarex .380 because it is NOT made by Walther, only bears the Walther logo since Umarex owns the rights to the Walther logo.

Have them ditch it and get something better.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I did forget to mention that the PK380 has to be one of, if not the easiest centerfire pistol to rack the slide on that I've ever handled and I've handled quite a few over the last 25 years. If it still seems to malfunction after a good cleaning and lube, as well as maybe trying a new magazine, I would contact Walther. They do have a lifetime warranty:

http://www.waltherarms.com/leg...y-lifetime-warranty/

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post