SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45GAP Glocks - Holster Compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45GAP Glocks - Holster Compatibility Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
My fil has a 45GAP Glock, can't recall which model.

He's due to have his LTC in the mail soon & is starting to shop holsters.
Since the G37/8/9 aren't listed in some lists, is there another model that is directly size compatible, holster-wise?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone will be along shortly who has direct experience with the 45 GAP line of pistols, but my recollection is that they are thicker than the 9mm/40 line, and thinner than the 45ACP/10mm line. He will have a smaller universe of holster companies which carry the GAP specific holsters. But he would do well to pick from those companies and not try to make somebody else's holster work for his firearm

Posts: 76 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I know that Alien Gear makes holsters for the 45GAP. I know Vedder makes one for at least one of the GAP models.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest issue will be slide width. The .45 GAP pistols have the same slide width as the 10MM and .45 ACP models. This is taken from Glock's web site. The 9/40 slides are 3mm narrower.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used Desantis holsters made for the G21 and G30 for my G37 and G38.

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they not use the same holsters as the Glock 21?

Look at safarilands will fit chart and compare part numbers.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If its full size, holsters for the 21 will fit. If its the midsize it may be a little more difficult to fit exactly. Most leather holsters should be able to work as well, but maybe a little tight at first. Kind of like stretching out a 229 mag holster to fit glock mags.

I got rid of my Glock 37 for a 21 SF. What's the old saying, a solution for a problem no one had.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm 99% sure its a G38.

Odds are he'll carry a Shield 9 most of the time, but he wants to have holsters for both.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock 37 and all of my holsters are listed as Glock 21 compatible.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post