SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picatinney rails oddity between the x compact frame vs regular
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picatinney rails oddity between the x compact frame vs regular Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
Why does the X compact frame have only 3 slot in the rail vs the 4 in the regular compact frame?

Never notice this until I tried putting a light on it.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X-compact utilizes the subcompact slide with the 3.6" barrel while the compact utilizes a 3.9" barrel.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the spacing of the rail slots relative to the trigger guard is different on the compact frames vs. the full size frames. I have no idea why Sid did this. At least the TLR-7A has inserts for both.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
My TLR-7a rides great on my P320 XCompact. But it lives on my G19 w/RMR.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post