SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally found a 1911 that I like.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally found a 1911 that I like. Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a Springfield RO 9mm.
Boy did I enjoy shooting it!
I love the target sights, the weight and balance works well in my hands.
I could not miss even if I tried.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
I have one as well. Very light recoil due to the weight and very accurate. I can't say I always agree with companies business decisions, but I do like the way the gun shoots. When I take new shooters to the range, this is the one they comment they like shooting. (I usually have .45 1911, my Sig Legion 226, CZ85 Combat, Ruger Commander in 9mm, and the Springfield Range Officer in 1911).

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I also have one, and agree 100%. Its a real pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Springfield. But I do have several government 9mm 1911's and do love shooting them. Great balance, trigger, ergonomics with a nice recoil that's easily controllable.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
9mm 1911’s are a pleasure to shoot. Enough recoil to know it isn’t a rimefire but they are still shoot all day comfortable.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Exactly!

Currently have 3 1911's in 9mm.
Sold off the last of my .45's recently.
Maybe a .38 Super someday.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I am considering changing are the grips. I love the classic and classy look of the wood but to me they are a little on the slick side.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
The only thing I am considering changing are the grips. I love the classic and classy look of the wood but to me they are a little on the slick side.

Any suggestions?

If you want something "grippier" than checkered wood, get some G10 grips. Places like VZ Grips and SGM Grips offer a variety of colors and textures.

https://vzgrips.com/

http://www.sgmgrips.com/

Just understand that some of these textures are extremely aggressive, and not suitable for concealed carry, as they will abrade your skin/clothes if carried all day. But that's not a concern for a range gun or competition gun.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any suggestions?

If you're looking for something grippier, I have a set of G10 grips on one of my 1911 9mm's. They're are definitely very grippy, but almost on the side of being too abrasive for a long range session. Hogue makes a nice set of checkered rubber ones that are a good compromise and grippy but not as abrasive as the G10's. I believe sku 45010, I have those on a .45 1911 and like them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Any suggestions?

If you want something "grippier" than checkered wood, get some G10 grips. Places like VZ Grips and SGM Grips offer a variety of colors and textures.

https://vzgrips.com/

http://www.sgmgrips.com/

Just understand that some of these textures are extremely aggressive, and not suitable for concealed carry, as they will abrade your skin/clothes if carried all day. But that's not a concern for a range gun or competition gun.

thanks for the links, sgm has some grips that I am digging!