SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Had a look at this. Liked the M9A1/92fs Compact Inox so much I have ordered it instead. It will be keeping my M9A1 company.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I picked up my compact in 2010 when a batch came in. Great pistol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
MecGar Beretta 92 Compact 15rd flush fit mags in stock now at GregCote! I have some on the way and will update after I get some rounds through them!

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...92c15afc-p-2022.html

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, those sold out quick.
I saw the in stock email on my phone and thought "I'll order those as soon as I get home....".

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
MecGar Beretta 92 Compact 15rd flush fit mags in stock now at GregCote! I have some on the way and will update after I get some rounds through them!

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...92c15afc-p-2022.html

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SF1911:
Well, those sold out quick.
I saw the in stock email on my phone and thought "I'll order those as soon as I get home....".

I got the in-stock email from Greg while waiting in the car pool line to drop the kids off at school this AM. I barely had it in Park before I was pulling out the credit card and ordering some on my phone. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I snagged a few. Does anyone no if a flat base plate will fit on these?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I snagged a few. Does anyone no if a flat base plate will fit on these?
I think that is the first thing Snake is going to check!

Looking at the photos, it doesn't that they are using the basepad for capacity, so my guess is it will.

Mine arrive tomorrow and I'll try it out.

Like Snake, I was getting ready to take the kids to school when I got the email - "Wait just a second kids...."

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that is the first thing Snake is going to check!

Damn right Wink Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, mine arrived today.

In stock condition, they look, feel, and seem to operate like you'd expect from MecGar - rock solid and the exact same size as the stock 13rd 92 Compact magazines.

I tried several flat baseplates and the only ones that worked are from a pair of older Beretta 15rd magazines - current MecGar full size 15 and 18rd magazine baseplates fit, however they have too much plastic above where the magazine body slips in which prevents the magazine catch from engaging the magazine body.

So yes, flat baseplates appear to work, but you'll have to find the thinner ones or (maybe) modify some of the current Mecgar ones.

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I only grabbed 3 of the Mecgar 15rnd mags from Greg but they all locked and ejected fine with new production flat base plates. Two or more are $6 each from Beretta.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ DSgrouse: do you know who mills slides to remove the undesirable warning info and how much does such work cost?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
@ DSgrouse: do you know who mills slides to remove the undesirable warning info and how much does such work cost?

PGT is the one to ask. He had it done for his franken berretta slide.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh OK, he posts pretty regularly so he'll probably comment now that you mentioned his name. Thanks

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure, To summon PGT, his name must be spoken by 3 separate members in direct succession.

This is the thread with the gun he had the slide worked on.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760048644#5760048644

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
This thread, along with the price cuts has put me on a bit of a Beretta 92 tear as of late.

So far I have added these to my safe, hopefully I am done for now.

92FS Compact Inox
M9A1
M9A3 Black/Green
M9A3 Black
92FS Black/Burnt Bronze
92FS Brigadier Inox

This thread should be re-titled “You will buy a Beretta.”

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
This thread, along with the price cuts has put me on a bit of a Beretta 92 tear as of late.

So far I have added these to my safe, hopefully I am done for now.

92FS Compact Inox
M9A1
M9A3 Black/Green
M9A3 Black
92FS Black/Burnt Bronze
92FS Brigadier Inox

This thread should be re-titled “You will buy a Beretta.”

You need the Wilson and Langdon Berettas now.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:

posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/y7eAzuY
https://imgur.com/JmuJVsE

Got this 92FS Compact yesterday from the same government overrun batch ... perfect condition ! ! !

Posts: 38 | Location: South-Central Pennsylvania | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I put the factory flat 15 round mag baseplates on the mecgar 15 round compact mag. It works fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Greg Cote earlier that 92FS compact 15 round mags were back in stock. I ordered some and just checked and they still show in stock.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post