SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yep, bought just because the price on a NIB Italian beauty. And just last night I was showing the wife the meme from Goodfellows about buying another gun.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked a 92 Compact up a few weeks ago for a project. I really like it and I think you guys will, too.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Dang, GrabAGun has 13rd Compact mags for $23 and some change.

And I hear MecGar is coming out with 15rd mags for the 92 Compact.

Haven't seen photos to know if they are completely flush fit or what not, but signed up at Greg Cote LLC for in-stock notification when they finally arrive and knowing MecGar, they will be legit. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Believe LTT is working the 15rd Compact mags for an upcoming LTT Compact based on stuff he mentioned on PF

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I wouldn’t doubt it that the releases are linked in some way.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I need one of these but I just bought a g43x and g48.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Any idea when we might see the government sell off their M9s? I'd love to get a beater for real cheap.

here's a non-surplus M9 for $450 (+ shipping / transfer)

https://gunprime.com/product/b...-92-m9-9mm-j92m9aom/

-- can't personally vouch for the vendor --

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Believe LTT is working the 15rd Compact mags for an upcoming LTT Compact based on stuff he mentioned on PF

Uggh - just found that thread.
Decisions, decisions.

By the time you add in all the "mods" I'd want...extended mag release, "G" conversion, TJIAB, and maybe G10 Grips, you're getting into a LTT price range.
(Not to mention whatever else he may do to the pistol à la the Elite LTT.)
or
Convert it to a "G", change the springs, add the extented mag release and call it good.

Hmmm...

Decisions, decisions. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Any idea when we might see the government sell off their M9s? I'd love to get a beater for real cheap.

I doubt you will ever see Gov't surplus M9s, not to mention all the ones I ever shot during qual, or deployed, were beat to hell.

Not sure what "real cheap" is, but a NIB Beretta (either compact, or commercial M9) for $450 or less, fits in that category IMO.

If Gov Surplus M9s are ever released, I doubt they will be cheaper than NIB commercial one is now, the price CMP put on the Gov Surplus 1911's seem to agree with that theory.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You guys are horrible. If I end up with a new 92, I'm blaming every single one of you.

Damn enablers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tempting! The gun, "G" conversion, and TJIAB would still be under $700 total.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm going to go cheap to start, as I have an Elite hammer, D-springs, and a flat hammer spring cap already. Add LTT grips and G-kit and I'm still south of $550 all in. Wink

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
$429 at Buds with free shipping.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...m+13%2B1+4.25+2+Mags

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My rookie year as a LEO (1989) I carried my own 92FS 13 round Beretta 9mm. The department was transitioning to SIG pistols, but new hires were being issued a S&W .357 revolver, they would get a SIG later on (issuing was being done in order of seniority.

You could carry your own firearm, as long as it was approved by the Range Master. So I carried my Beretta - having had just transitioned to a Beretta in the Army the year prior.

Great gun, I was able to shoot the top score on my first department qual with it. Later when I got my SIG P226 the 92FS was sold.

Its neat to see these available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday and it's great. Beretta USA had to engrave the import mark and some lawyerese on the left side of the slide, but it is clean and small.

Installed LTT grips and they are great, also crumbled and have a TJIAB on the way as well.

Very happy so far, looking forward to getting it to the range!

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Uggh - just found that thread.
Decisions, decisions.

By the time you add in all the "mods" I'd want...extended mag release, "G" conversion, TJIAB, and maybe G10 Grips, you're getting into a LTT price range.
(Not to mention whatever else he may do to the pistol à la the Elite LTT.)
or
Convert it to a "G", change the springs, add the extented mag release and call it good.

Hmmm...

Decisions, decisions. Big Grin

Where is this thread??

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Is there any issue with these being Egyptian overruns?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Is there any issue with these being Egyptian overruns?
I think that is why they had the Beretta USA / Magazine warning engraved after production. If these had made it to Egypt theyd have never gotten those.

But in terms of fit / finish, its equal my 92A1.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well I bought one. Y'all are killing me.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Well I bought one. Y'all are killing me.
Hehehehe, oh yeah.

Taking mine to the range in the morning, just a simple 100rds of Lawman and Winchester Nato 124gr on some steel to test function.

Only mod I installed was LTT Compact grips - I resisted the urge to try the D-spring or G-kit before confirming it was a shooter (old habits of doing no to minimal mods before 1st time out). 4 more 92C mags showed up, so <knock on wood>, it should be a quick affair.

TJIAB shows up tomorrow as well but will likely wait until next week to kit it and the G-kit all at once.