SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I too, had a little Glock 19 / 92 Compact range day.

I love my 92s and having small hands I have no right too. This thread really makes me want to pick up a backup. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Does the safety function on both SA and DA?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yes, unless you change it out to a decock only configuration with a Beretta kit to do so.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

If you're asking if you can carry it "cocked and locked", then the answer is no.

If the hammer is back and you place the safety on, it decocks it.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Sorry I read that wrong. What snake said

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried these aftermarket magazine base plates?

https://www.ndzperformance.com...92-96-fs-s/18498.htm

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

If you're asking if you can carry it "cocked and locked", then the answer is no.

OK so if I understand it correctly, with the hammer cocked engaging the safety decocks and makes the trigger inoperable. And engaging the safety with the hammer down also makes the trigger inoperable. Safety on with hammer cocked (SA) is not possible as it also decocks the hammer. Am I right?

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

Can the safety be engaged with the hammer down?

Yes. If cocked, it will decock and engage safety. If not cocked, it will just engage the safety.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
flat steel 92 Combat hammer cap

I found an Inox hammer spring cap for the Compact here. Maybe you could try to blacken it somehow.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Rhino and some of the rest of you I just picked mine up this afternoon. Smile

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great pistola!

I put a "D" spring in mine and it made the trigger much better, in fact so much better I may not bother with the famous "Trigger Job In A Bag", from Langdon Tactical.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I put a "D" spring in mine and it made the trigger much better, in fact so much better I may not bother with the famous "Trigger Job In A Bag", from Langdon Tactical.
You obviously haven't felt the TJIAB. Wink

But still, the D-spring ain't bad compared to the OEM setup.

Congrats all, I'm glad to have helped another 1-5 Berettas be sold. I'll be waiting on my commission check from Beretta for $0.09, pre-tax of course. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to Rhino and some of the rest of you I just picked mine up this afternoon. Smile
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Congrats all, I'm glad to have helped another 1-5 Berettas be sold.

Did you count mine? I love mine, and I didn't even want one. . .lol! Thanks for the heads-up that lead to the addition to my EDC pool.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry do to this to y'all but I was just in my local store and they now have M9A1's for $499 and Stainless compacts with rail for about $539. God help us all.

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SF1911:
I'm so sorry do to this to y'all but I was just in my local store and they now have M9A1's for $499 and Stainless compacts with rail for about $539. God help us all.

M9A1 for $499?? Oh boy.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
M9A1 for $499?? Oh boy.

At these prices, why buy polymer?

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot my Compact some more last week. It really handles great, even with the flat magazine baseplate on it. I have shot mine with a variety of full-size magazines including with and without the X Grip adapter and have had no problems.

I've started carrying it. Holster selection seems pretty disappointing, though. I ended up ordering a couple kydex items for the M9A1 Compact, and although they still retain the gun fine, I don't care for the look of the superfluous rail molding. I noticed that R Grizzle lists a Compact fit, and may inquire with him about leather.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO, you can add one more to your commission check. The Beretta Compact became my EDC last week.

DaBigBR, I am using a holster from a Garrett, who makes leather lined Kydex products. The compact doesn’t show on their gun list, but I called and they obliged me. I have several OWB holsters from them and have not been disappointed.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
D spring installed and LTT slim grips and G conversion ordered!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post