SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Well I bought one. Y'all are killing me.
Hehehehe, oh yeah.

Taking mine to the range in the morning, just a simple 100rds of Lawman and Winchester Nato 124gr on some steel to test function.

Only mod I installed was LTT Compact grips - I resisted the urge to try the D-spring or G-kit before confirming it was a shooter (old habits of doing no to minimal mods before 1st time out). 4 more 92C mags showed up, so <knock on wood>, it should be a quick affair.

TJIAB shows up tomorrow as well but will likely wait until next week to kit it and the G-kit all at once.

Will be doing the same. Grips, g conversion TJIAB.

Get the grips straight from Ernie? Best place for mags?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will be doing the same. Grips, g conversion TJIAB.

Get the grips straight from Ernie? Best place for mags?
Yes, I get the LTT labeled grips. As I understand it VZ makes them for LTT, Wilson, etc to their specs but so far I like the LTT checkering / pattern the same. Plus the LTT grips are more subdued (no medallion) and cheaper, it's a win-win.

Best price for Beretta 13rd OEMs was Grab a gun for around $25/ea - I got 4 more to have a total of 6. I'll wait for the MecGar 15rd version to pile on anymore, plus I have 15, 17, 18rd mags that fit from my 92A1.

Just returned from a quick range session on steel at 15 yards; 50 M882 Winchester 124GR NATO FMJs and 50 Speer Lawman 115GR FMJs. Only lubed it up with some SLIP2000 EWL on the rails and a drop on the hammer area. Reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot.

Definitely looking forward to getting the G-kit, TJIAB, extended mag release, and flat end cap on - but even so the DA trigger is manageable. Also will add some orange paint on the front sight or have AGW drill it for a FO rod.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday Agenda - 100rds each through the 92FS Compact and Glock 19.4 FS (G23.4 frame converted to G19 with the OEM slide and Ejector). This would get the Glock to over 500rds and a final tweak of the sights windage with the Ameriglo Agent sights.

Left side Beretta, while I'd prefer Beretta USA to have NOT added the lawyerese, it's well engraved and clean.

Right side and proof marks on barrel / frame.

Barrel proofs and some frame lawyerese.

Frame proofmarks kind of weak, but likely ok for a contract gun. Wink

The frame anodizing feels different that I've had before - very solid feeling and some texture but not overly so.

Seems thicker / different than what came on my 92A1 last year. Just an observation.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
The gripsnhave been out of stock for a bit. I’ll wait and see if he gets anymore. Where do you get the flat end cap?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do you get the flat end cap?

Brownells - BERETTA USA - CAP, HAMMER SPRING, 92/96 ST & COMBAT

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Don't think that fits the Compact though. There is no current version for the Compact, IIRC.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to get off track, but don’t the 92’s get some galling/gouge marks on the inner frame from shooting NATO or +P rounds? Has anyone tried any of those little blue buffer things you slide over the guide rod and spring to dampen some recoil? Or am I just crazy???

These things:
https://www.brownells.com/hand...eModel_1=Beretta__92

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Don't think that fits the Compact though. There is no current version for the Compact, IIRC.
Mmmhum, I guess I'll find out when I try later today! But it looks like you are correct. Wink

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I’m sorry to get off track, but don’t the 92’s get some galling/gouge marks on the inner frame from shooting NATO or +P rounds? Has anyone tried any of those little blue buffer things you slide over the guide rod and spring to dampen some recoil? Or am I just crazy???

These things:

yes, they can but once it starts, it stops and doesn't affect anything. The WC buffers work ok but honestly, lowering your recoil spring replacement intervals is just as good. That said, I run a WC buffer in my 357SIG conversions and swap recoil springs often.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am new to the 92 series of Beretta pistola. I am curious if the Compact series benefit from a "D" spring and a solid steel recoil rod, as much as my M9 has.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, they use the same main spring so D spring works nicely. The recoil rod is a matter of choice...doesn't make a performance difference

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

These things:

yes, they can but once it starts, it stops and doesn't affect anything. The WC buffers work ok but honestly, lowering your recoil spring replacement intervals is just as good. That said, I run a WC buffer in my 357SIG conversions and swap recoil springs often.

Thanks. That’s good to know.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dropped the TJIAB, G-kit, and OEM Steel Beretta trigger into the 92FS Compact tonight.

Install went fine for all of those, resulting in an as expected sweet assed DA/SA trigger with the #13 hammer spring. I know people go to #12 sometimes since the WC trigger bar allows for more DA travel, but I'm fine with the trigger w/ #13 spring.

As mentioned by PGT, the flat steel 92 Combat hammer cap that I put in a 92A1 doesn't work with a compact - it's too long to work with the frame.

Also, I put in a Beretta extended mag release and it doesn't work with the LTT Compact grips, as the flat extended piece contacts the grips before the mag can come out consistently, so I put an OEM steel one back in. I'm sure I can likely file the LTT grips to make it work, but didn't want to tackle that tonight. Or maybe I jacked something up, IDK but I'll figure it out another time.

Overall the TJIAB / G-kit conversion was easy the second time around (did it one other time on the aforementioned 92A1) but I followed Langdon & MrGunsNGears videos for both.

posted Hide Post
Used my crappy wheeler trigger pull gauge a couple of times - TJIAB SA pull is a hair below 4.0 lbs and DA tops out at 8.0, but admittedly it is hard to do with my POS gauge. This is with the 13# hammer spring and like the other TJIAB, the DA pull is WAAAAAAAAAY Smooooooth.

Very very happy, might even look to find an IWB holster for this SOB! Wink

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Used my crappy wheeler trigger pull gauge a couple of times - TJIAB SA pull is a hair below 4.0 lbs and DA tops out at 8.0, but admittedly it is hard to do with my POS gauge. This is with the 13# hammer spring and like the other TJIAB, the DA pull is WAAAAAAAAAY Smooooooth.

Very very happy, might even look to find an IWB holster for this SOB! Wink

I guess I'll be doing the same thing when mine comes in.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Had to have it. The guy behind the counter said I saved him $450. Wink

IT15
My proof marks aren't much better.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice - the IT15 ones seem to have a shorter engraving compared to the IT17/18 ones.

Sweet score, I'm looking forward to getting my 92C back to the range (and get my 92A1 slide back from Trijicon! )

posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I put in a Beretta extended mag release and it doesn't work with the LTT Compact grips, as the flat extended piece contacts the grips before the mag can come out consistently, so I put an OEM steel one back in. I'm sure I can likely file the LTT grips to make it work, but didn't want to tackle that tonight. Or maybe I jacked something up, IDK but I'll figure it out another time.

Same experience with my 92 Compact Inox. A little medium grit sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel and a few minutes of work on the mag button cutout and my extended mag release works perfectly with the LTT grips.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could no longer resist. I just picked up a 92 compact for $429. They have the full size for the same price and the M9A3 for $799. I picked up a 92A1 a month ago when they had them at $499 and also one of the M9A3's. Forgive for I am weak and could no longer resist the compact, billboard size safety label and all.

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I would have seen the 499 92a1. That I would have snapped up. This is nice, but I don't have to have it. I am thinking of one of the M9s instead.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post