SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My grips came as well. I’ll put them on tonight.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
beretta.com has compact threaded barrels, inox parts kits, stainless hammers... i hate you all in this thread. :P

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the parts are in

Before LTT Trigger in a bag, the pull was 7.5 to 9.2 averaging about 7.9

The LTT came with a black hammer just like this stainless one. I used it as an example and stoned it on my wicked edge 3k diamond stone, and then on my 5 micron tape on glass, 3.5-micron tape, then 1-micron tape. It took about 30 minutes for the first pass leveling all the casting marks off. Two more tests and function fits and it was done.

Now the average with the 13 lb mainspring was 5.2 pounds to 7.1 pounds The average was 5.8 pounds.

I ran 200 rounds through it. 100 of winchester white box, 50 of tula, 50 of wolf, 35 of winchester sxt hp, 20 of Hornaday critical duty, 10 of sigs hollow points.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think i'd have went stainless on the grip screws as well, but otherwise I really like the look.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I think i'd have went stainless on the grip screws as well, but otherwise I really like the look.

That is an oversite, I will see if i can find some here in the not to distant future. I would also like to find a stainless/inox slide stop.

The gun feels good. The wilson magazine guide is a good replacement for the lanyard loop. It gives just that tiny bit of needed support for my fat palm.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you would want it but there is an Inox slide stop for a 90 Series pistol listed at Midwest Gun Works.
Beretta 90 Series INOX Slide Catch

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

That is an oversite, I will see if i can find some here in the not to distant future. I would also like to find a stainless/inox slide stop.

The gun feels good. The wilson magazine guide is a good replacement for the lanyard loop. It gives just that tiny bit of needed support for my fat palm.

I honestly didn't even notice the Wilson mag guide. I might have to pick one up, as my biggest complaint about the compact is how the butt of the grip digs into the fat part of my palm about an inch from the bottom. Same problem I have with the P220c. I will second the above post that normal mag base plates look and feel better to me than the pinky extension ones it ships with.

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I don't know if you would want it but there is an Inox slide stop for a 90 Series pistol listed at Midwest Gun Works.
Beretta 90 Series INOX Slide Catch

Thank you, I found most of what i was missing there. I added a few things to notify me when they are back instock.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Someone must have beat you to it. It was listed as in stock when I posted the link yesterday. You should also keep an eye out on ebay and GunBroker for INOX parts.

EDIT: It looks like Brownells has it and it doesn't say out of stock but it's more expensive and the photo looks like it is reversed.

https://www.brownells.com/hand...ox-ss-prod45526.aspx

Here is my Two-Tone 96 I put together about 20 years ago from a 96D I bought off GunBroker.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paten,

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Are the Langdon grips thinner than factory plastic? Last time I had a 92, the factory grips were the thinnest.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Are the Langdon grips thinner than factory plastic? Last time I had a 92, the factory grips were the thinnest.
Yes, by a good margin.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paten,

I got the slide stop, now i need take down lever and button.

Here is what i ordered yesterday.

quote:
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 C55198 Beretta 90 Series INOX Slide Catch $24.60
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 C53225 Beretta 92FS INOX Trigger Bar $45.96
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 C52222 Beretta 92FS INOX Extractor $23.00
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 C54939 Beretta 92 INOX Trigger Pin $4.50
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 C51704 Beretta 92 INOX Firing Pin Block $20.69
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 2 C54940 Beretta 92 / 96 INOX Firing Pin Plunger $4.50

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes.
Here's a quick cell phone pic.
Even the areas around the screw holes are thinner.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Received my JM Custom Kydex holster for the 92FS Centurion and it fits it & the no rail Compact perfectly.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/IWB3.html

Got word that Trijicon doesn't have any additional sight heights for the 92A1 HD sights I was having POI problems with, so I'm having them taken off and they are sending me some HK45C HD sights instead, since I didn't want the standard Night Sights they offered as a replacement.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a compact, but I do have the LTT/VZ grips on my 92FS. I have small/medium hands and the 92 with factory grips always felt bulky to me, and I had to shoot it DA almost with my fingertip. I was seriously considering getting the Wilson short-reach trigger, but got the LTT/VZ grips instead. I no longer have any need to try the Wilson trigger. It definitely makes the gun feel slimmer in the hand, and I can get a much better trigger finger position than before, actually about the same as my PX4 Compact.

I would go so far as to say that I don't think I will get any 92-series guns if they're not compactible with LTT/VZ grips.

Of course, everybody's hands are different, so YMMV.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody tell me how much thicker the hogue flat grip panels are than the plastic stockers? I am still debating an inox M9 and saw a pic on Beretta forum that was very intriguing with the Hogue panels.

Also, is there an inox G-kit available anywhere?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extractor, firing pin block, trigger pin, trigger bar, slide stop all in today. Only a couple of things left to find.

Take down lever and take down button being the biggest

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Quick question for those that might know. If the slide were stripped and refinished with a Cerokote or Armor Tuff coating, would the extra engraved markings still be visible? They really look shallow and, you would think, easily covered by a thick enough coating. Just wondering.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Quick question for those that might know. If the slide were stripped and refinished with a Cerokote or Armor Tuff coating, would the extra engraved markings still be visible? They really look shallow and, you would think, easily covered by a thick enough coating. Just wondering.

Paten, IIRC some have had their frames milled to remove the lettering, Then recoated with what ever finish you want.