SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS lovers... 92FS Compact no rail available for <$450. Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Snake, where did you buy from? I like that your slide doesn't have the big lawyer warning on the side. Looks much cleaner.
It's the light, his has it.

Yep. It’s there, unfortunately. All the contract overrun guns have them.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are these all polymer coated triggers & safeties like the rest of newer production guns? Looking at what I "have to" replace.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It did come with a poly coated trigger, not sure about the safeties as they came right off for the G-conversion kit. Guide rod and mag release are metal.

Anyone looking to lay back some quality 92/M9 parts kits with steel everything should look here

BERETTA 92 96 M9 FACTORY PARTS KIT 19 PIECE

It's a lot of toss if you are going TJIAB / G-kit, but just the metal trigger, mag release and spare firing pin / extractor / little bits make it worth the $29.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
It did come with a poly coated trigger, not sure about the safeties as they came right off for the G-conversion kit. Guide rod and mag release are metal.

Anyone looking to lay back some quality 92/M9 parts kits with steel everything should look here

BERETTA 92 96 M9 FACTORY PARTS KIT 19 PIECE

It's a lot of toss if you are going TJIAB / G-kit, but just the metal trigger, mag release and spare firing pin / extractor / little bits make it worth the $29.

Why only the left grip?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Why only the left grip?

My assumption is because the majority of ppl are right handed, so in military service it would be holstered on the right side, so the left grip would wear against body armor, kit, etc.

posted Hide Post
Are the Langdon compact grips as thin feeling as the Langdon fullsize grips?

quote:
Saturday Agenda - 100rds each through the 92FS Compact and Glock 19.4 FS (G23.4 frame converted to G19 with the OEM slide and Ejector). This would get the Glock to over 500rds and a final tweak of the sights windage with the Ameriglo Agent sights.

Left side Beretta, while I'd prefer Beretta USA to have NOT added the lawyerese, it's well engraved and clean.

Right side and proof marks on barrel / frame.

Barrel proofs and some frame lawyerese.

Frame proofmarks kind of weak, but likely ok for a contract gun. Wink

The frame anodizing feels different that I've had before - very solid feeling and some texture but not overly so.

Seems thicker / different than what came on my 92A1 last year. Just an observation.

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found a good holster for the 92 compact? I was hoping that Galco had a combat master or concealable holster for this model (and one for my 92A1).

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SF1911:
Are the Langdon compact grips as thin feeling as the Langdon fullsize grips?

Yes they are.

I ordered a JM Custom Kydex holster for a 92 Centurion (no rail) which should fit the no-rail compact. It'll be awhile until its here but I'll report how it turns out.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Got a chance Sunday to run a quick 100 rounds through the Compact - no surprise that it's an awesome little shooter. Actually handled a little better than I expected.

Immediate needs are an extended mag release and "G" conversion.

TJIAB is probably coming at some point, but short term I'll change out the mainspring, and might even try my hand at a little light 'smithing. Wink

This thing will definitely see some carry time. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to go with a D-spring and Elite hammer in my 92FS Centurion, but having the TJIAB in others, it didn't last long. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
These are Egyptian contract overruns. Great price.

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me...... Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
If you take the basepad off the standard 15 rd mag and swap it out...voilà!

I can still get a good, solid grip with the DIY flush fit basepad - I'll try it out at the range this weekend and see how it does live fire.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I don't see the Langdon grips on his website in stock. Anyone else carry them?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I don't see the Langdon grips on his website in stock. Anyone else carry them?
I'm not sure, LTT is good about emailing people back so you might ask them if anyone resells them or if they have an idea when they might be back in stock.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

I can still get a good, solid grip with the DIY flush fit basepad - I'll try it out at the range this weekend and see how it does live fire.

That looks much better and more concealable if I can get my big hands on it.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

I changed out my floor plates. Looks much better and still gives a full grip barely.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Totally agree.

Got by the range the other day and had zero issue controlling the gun with the flat base pad. Everything from plinking ammo to my carry ammo - no problems. Handles just like it's big brother.

As a matter of fact, the flat base pad is my carry mag - at least until Mec-Gar drops their 15rd mags.

I will say that I'm spoiled by Wilson & LTT G10 thin grips. It stinks that Ernie grips are out of stock, as I like them a little better than Wilson's.

posted Hide Post
Shot my new Compact finally. Great gun. Love it. Needs a few hundred more pews and it will be my carry gun. I also picked up an APX Centurion and was impressed with it. I'm trying to resist the urge to order a $429 92FS since I have a 92A1 and an LTT already.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm trying to resist the urge to order a $429 92FS since I have a 92A1 and an LTT already.

I think you should go with it just to round out the family. Go for it! Wink

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Put a D spring in mine and it’s definitely better. Will still probably do a TJIAB and G conversion.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer