SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Quick range session: P226 Combat vs P226 LDC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick range session: P226 Combat vs P226 LDC Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Range: indoors

Guns: P226 Combat and P226 LDC (US made)

Ammo: Speer Lawman 9mm 124 Gr TMJ

Magazines: 2x 15-rd USA made factory and 1x 20-rd Mec-Gar (for the Combat); 3x 17-rd Mec-Gar as came from SIG (for the LDC)

Position: standing 2-hand

Rounds fired: 100 each pistol

Malfunctions: none

Comments:
- The initial review of the LDC is ->here<-. Again, I will maintain that the trigger really sucks on this one LDC. My trigger scale doesn't go above 8 lbs, so can only measure the SA pull, and it weighed in at 6 & 3/4 lbs averaged. That's just unacceptable and unpleasant to shoot. The Combat SA weighed in at 5.5 lbs averaged. Normally, I would have said that's still a little heavy. But, today, next to the LDC, it was a pleasure to shoot. And, it broke more cleanly that the LDC's trigger.

- Sights on the LDC is much better to pick up, which is no surprise, when you have the red fiber optic front.

- Grips on the Combat wins by a mile. No contest here. The Aluminum checkered grips are so comfortable. The E2 feels very good, but the Aluminum checkered is much better.

- Recoil: It's obvious the LDC wins here due to its all stainless construction plus the the extra weight of the LDC, but really not by much. This is a 9mm. Recoil is not going to be a real factor. Oh, and about the white recoil spring on the LDC, instead of the orange, I was worried there were going to be some malfunctions. But, there were none, thankfully.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great write up. I am really surprised at the LDC trigger. Maybe I don't want one...

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd love a LDC, but between the grip options and trigger weight they are making it an easy decision to skip.

Maybe down the road they will refine it a bit more.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The freaking Combat's trigger is better than the LDC's. Yeah. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Have you opened it up to see if there are any obvious burrs or rough spots in the action that could be causing the crappy trigger pull?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A couple of awsome pistols. Send the LDC off for trigger work. Nice shooting too Q. Post a pic some time of your heavy barrel vs standard barrel. I wish all SIG's had a heavy barrel.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comparison. It would appear you shot them pretty similarly despite the difference in triggers?

I have a couple allrounds and have dabbled a bit shooting them with a standard 226 slide. Makes for a very low recoil fast cycling pistol that, I suspect, might handle pretty similarly to an LDC.

t

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Excellent report, 12131. The combat is certainly sweet.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:
Excellent report, 12131. The combat is certainly sweet.

WJR

It is certainly sweet. Thanks for letting it go, Bill. Cool

Q