SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I took my P320 apart to clean and now its not operational
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took my P320 apart to clean and now its not operational Login/Join 
posted
I took P320 apart , gave it a normal cleaning and when I go to put it back together, the slide lock wont work and if I trick it and get slide on without slide lock, the trigger wont function.

It happened on my X5 Legion and I called tech support and the guy walked me through fixing it. Sig is closed so now Im screwed.

Master P320 gurus, hit me up with a solution if you can. Much appreciated.

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:
I took P320 apart , gave it a normal cleaning and when I go to put it back together, the slide lock wont work and if I trick it and get slide on without slide lock, the trigger wont function.

It happened on my X5 Legion and I called tech support and the guy walked me through fixing it. Sig is closed so now Im screwed.

Master P320 gurus, hit me up with a solution if you can. Much appreciated.

PB

"the slide lock wont work"

So what exactly does this mean ?

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Once you get the slide on and the slide lock lever rotated back to its normal position, insert a magazine into the gun. That should set everything back into place to allow the trigger to function.
BE SAFE-PLEASE USE AN UNLOADED MAGAZINE FOR THIS-BE SAFE

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
going to try that now, mucho gracias

PB

posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm a moron. I had the Guide rod in the wrong position. It looks round at first glance, but as you guys well know, its not. Put that in correctly after two tries, now I'm GTG. Oh Lord!

PB

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron.

Nah. You're only a moron if you do it again

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Third time's the charm, we'll see.

PB

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron. I had the Guide rod in the wrong position. It looks round at first glance, but as you guys well know, its not. Put that in correctly after two tries, now I'm GTG. Oh Lord!

PB

That's what I was gong to suggest, really....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron.

Nah. You're only a moron if you do it again

And really only then if you come back on here asking the same question.

I manage to put an AR back together without the spring and buffer at least once a year.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I know your issue is fixed, but I found this thread while looking for a fix to half of your problem. Sig should make it clear in the manual that you absolutely have to engage the slide catch in the notch on reassembly or the trigger won’t work.

Adding this because this thread may help someone else with a dead trigger.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

PB

I just did the same thing with my 3 hour old P320 AXG Classic ... your post just keeps on helping folks. Thanks.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To avoid returning or using the search function for mistakes I repeat, I paste an answer into my Notes app, which is linked to my phone. I rarely have a laptop at the bench, but keep my phone handy (especially now that my daughter is pregnant!) Of course, that's just in case you're as, um, slow as me.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm
Moron…..
-Have put a pistol back together once or twice….sans guide rod/rsa….check
-Have installed mag spring upside down….check
-Have disassembled a Kimber 3 inch captive recoil spring launching all of it like a riccocetting round. Check. Called Kimber asked how to put back together rep laughed and said “you didn’t take it apart did you??? Ummm no course not asking for a friend Frown
-“Fired” a mauser firing pin into the side of my fire safe when disassembling the bolt…check. Mental note those things are under a lot of spring tension

So you may be a moron but I am a damn idjit. Smile

Frankly with all the spring air guns I own and have worked on it’s a miracle I haven’t ended up with a dent in my head. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure after you are reassembled, that you remove the magazine, clear the chamber, and put a pencil in the barrel, and press the trigger with the barrel pointed up. Make sure the pencil jumps. If it doesn't, then your pistol won't fire.

It's critical that the FCU be reset by raising the slide lock, and that after, you verify that the pistol does trip the striker, and that the striker does clear the breech face. It's very possible to assemble that pistol and carry it in the belief that it will save your bacon, only to find it won't fire. Know before you go.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ the pencil test. On any handgun, not just the 320.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Put 40 guys in a classroom cleaning 1911's, I guarantee the one frame without a slide lever scratch will be, and the next thing is a recoil spring plug launched thru a drop ceiling panel.

It was in every armory, go to training, look up, see plug holes, and "you guys clean 1911's in your classroom, too."

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I never have "clean" guns. After every cleaning or servicing I conduct the usual function checks, and then fire at least one mag through the gun to ensure everything is working properly.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Hmmmmm
Moron…..
-Have put a pistol back together once or twice….sans guide rod/rsa….check
-Have installed mag spring upside down….check
-Have disassembled a Kimber 3 inch captive recoil spring launching all of it like a riccocetting round. Check. Called Kimber asked how to put back together rep laughed and said “you didn’t take it apart did you??? Ummm no course not asking for a friend Frown
-“Fired” a mauser firing pin into the side of my fire safe when disassembling the bolt…check. Mental note those things are under a lot of spring tension

So you may be a moron but I am a damn idjit. Smile

Frankly with all the spring air guns I own and have worked on it’s a miracle I haven’t ended up with a dent in my head. Smile

I hope you wear a face shield when working on your guns.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If I ever take my Ruger MkII apart again, I'll probably just have to throw it away. It always takes me way too long to get it back together. I'm not that patient any more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
If I ever take my Ruger MkII apart again, I'll probably just have to throw it away. It always takes me way too long to get it back together. I'm not that patient any more.

If that happens: Put all the parts inna box (preferably individually wrapped) and send it to me Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post