SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I took my P320 apart to clean and now its not operational

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took my P320 apart to clean and now its not operational Login/Join 
posted
I took P320 apart , gave it a normal cleaning and when I go to put it back together, the slide lock wont work and if I trick it and get slide on without slide lock, the trigger wont function.

It happened on my X5 Legion and I called tech support and the guy walked me through fixing it. Sig is closed so now Im screwed.

Master P320 gurus, hit me up with a solution if you can. Much appreciated.

PB

Posts: 12 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:
I took P320 apart , gave it a normal cleaning and when I go to put it back together, the slide lock wont work and if I trick it and get slide on without slide lock, the trigger wont function.

It happened on my X5 Legion and I called tech support and the guy walked me through fixing it. Sig is closed so now Im screwed.

Master P320 gurus, hit me up with a solution if you can. Much appreciated.

PB

"the slide lock wont work"

So what exactly does this mean ?

Posts: 149 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Once you get the slide on and the slide lock lever rotated back to its normal position, insert a magazine into the gun. That should set everything back into place to allow the trigger to function.
BE SAFE-PLEASE USE AN UNLOADED MAGAZINE FOR THIS-BE SAFE

Posts: 1401 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
going to try that now, mucho gracias

PB

posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm a moron. I had the Guide rod in the wrong position. It looks round at first glance, but as you guys well know, its not. Put that in correctly after two tries, now I'm GTG. Oh Lord!

PB

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron.

Nah. You're only a moron if you do it again

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 17646 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Third time's the charm, we'll see.

PB

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron. I had the Guide rod in the wrong position. It looks round at first glance, but as you guys well know, its not. Put that in correctly after two tries, now I'm GTG. Oh Lord!

PB

That's what I was gong to suggest, really....

Posts: 1495 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Ok, I'm a moron.

Nah. You're only a moron if you do it again

And really only then if you come back on here asking the same question.

I manage to put an AR back together without the spring and buffer at least once a year.

Posts: 3307 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post