SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 Replacement Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 Replacement Trigger Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
I'm looking for a trigger replacement on my Glock 19 (Gen 3). The trigger is grooved and my finger really hurts after long range sessions because of it. This is my primary CCW gun so I don't want to sacrifice reliability and safety. Any recommendations?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’d go with either the factory smooth or an Apex Tactical flat. A lot of people make replacement triggers these days but Apex is the OG of the flat.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Swap in a Glock 17 factory trigger, which has a smooth trigger face.

The grooved triggers on the compact and subcompact Glocks are common complaints, and dropping in a full-sized smooth trigger is a cheap and simple fix.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Concur with this assessment
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I’d go with either the factory smooth or an Apex Tactical flat. A lot of people make replacement triggers these days but Apex is the OG of the flat.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the first thing I do with a new compact or sub-compact Glock is to install a factory smooth trigger. For under $20, it's the cheapest solution to getting rid of the grooved trigger. Brownells has it for $13.95, and it looks like there is free shipping with no minimum order using code MFT right now (ends at 2359 on 7/20).

https://www.brownells.com/hand...Manufacturer_1=glock

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing at how much of a difference a flat trigger can make with the pistol. I have a couple types-ZEV in one(has a slight curve in the trigger{compared to a standard ridged trigger form Glock} but the face is flat) and a Kineti-Tec (flat trigger) in another. They make a big difference in lowering perceived trigger pull and feel of the pull. They don't change the weight trigger pull on their own, unless you change out a few other springs but I keep my pistols with their standard weight from the factory for safety purposes. I had a friend that had a Kineti-Tec trigger and I was able to try it once.I liked it so much I bought one for myself. I will be ordering a few more for my other pistols. They are a less expensive but are quality made. You can buy just the shoe if you want ( I did that and it was not hard to put on) but I would go with one on a trigger bar (going to do this next time), as it is much easier to install. Also, whatever brand you buy make sure they don't have some off the wall trigger bar as that can cause issues with the internal safeties on the Glock and could render some of the safeties useless. Kineti-Tec uses a Glock trigger bar and was a factor in my purchasing one. Once you get a different trigger, you will never go back to the factory one. They really do make a difference.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Swap in a Glock 17 factory trigger, which has a smooth trigger face.

The grooved triggers on the compact and subcompact Glocks are common complaints, and dropping in a full-sized smooth trigger is a cheap and simple fix.

This.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7237&CAT=12466

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of OC custom triggers. I don’t like aftermarket parts in a defensive handgun, but they use modified stock parts. I prefer their “enhanced” trigger where the trigger safety is reduced ever so slightly so that when pulled, it goes completely flush inside the trigger shoe.

https://www.occustomtriggers.c...-COLOR-GLSP357NP.htm

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I use a factory full-size smooth face trigger bar in my carry G23s. It's a carryover from when I used to carry a G19, a time before ZEV and all of the rest that followed. Good but not optimal since the lockup lever still stands proud of the rest of the trigger when disengaged, however it's what I'm most used to. But still, it's like getting rid of the serrations but only in a half-ass way.

Aftermarket triggers are much better in this aspect. Typically that lever rides flush when depressed. I've been using aftermarket triggers since they first became available, though specifically in 9mm Glocks and other range toys. I find that I like 'em a lot, but I haven't seen fit to want to mess with my otherwise perfectly operating EDC weapons. So I leave them be and mess around with aftermarket triggers on the recreational Glocks instead. I guess that when I someday make the switch back to 9mm that those modified G19s will be as vetted and trustworthy as they'll ever be.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want a Glock trigger at the right price.
https://suarezinternational.com/triggers-for-pistols/

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post