SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good Light Duty Gun Safe Under $1000
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Light Duty Gun Safe Under $1000 Login/Join 
posted
Who makes a decent basic gun safe under $1000? Welcome any ideas and personal experience.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Cannon TS5940 at Tractor Supply around November 2018 on special for $799.00 & have been happy with it, just plan larger than you currently need. Weighs in @ 655#, definitely a handful. I could use a second one already..

Posts: 2 | Location: Pace, Fl. | Registered: December 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I bought a Stack On ~24-40 gun safe at Academy a few weeks ago for around $600. Came with LED lights as well. I’m happy with the safe, it’s modular shelving, and door pistol storage. However, the capacity must be calculated based on the profile of an old single barrel shotgun. Anything with optics takes up considerably more room.

Looks like inventory varies from store to store.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
24-40 gun safe...

...However, the capacity must be calculated based on the profile of an old single barrel shotgun. Anything with optics takes up considerably more room.
Agreed, I think at best capacity is about 1/2 of listed when you have rifles with optics, especially AR-type rifles with pistol grips, etc.

Depends on how you want to rack and stack them as well - if you want easy access to them all or if you want to have to take a bunch out to get to ones in the back, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optics and bolt actions take up more space. The handles on my two M1's do also.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SnapSafe. No doubt it’s not the most robust out there, but you said light duty. It disassembles into the various panels, and even the big one I have can be carried by one person, one panel at a time, except for the front and rear panels, which require 2 people. We moved a year ago and I didn’t want the movers handling it (or knowing it existed), so I had a friend help me. That’s the SuperTitan:

https://www.gunsafesnow.com/sn...PEAQYBiABEgK-LPD_BwE

Over your price range but they have smaller ones also, and they’re on serious sale right now.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iceman1980:
I picked up the Cannon TS5940 at Tractor Supply around November 2018 on special for $799.00 & have been happy with it, just plan larger than you currently need. Weighs in @ 655#, definitely a handful. I could use a second one already..

I have a Cannon also that I bought over 10 years ago and still like it and would buy it again.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Under a $1,000 dollars I have a couple of Field & Stream combination locks.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orscheln Farm and Home often runs incredible specials on Liberty Gun Safes. I've seen sales with the bigger Liberty safes going for well below $1000. It might even be worth calling your local Orscheln and asking if any sales are coming up. Hard to beat a Liberty gunsafe.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Check Costco. Saw at least one at $1000

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply now carries the Liberty brand.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AMSEC - American Security is a high quality USA gun safe manufacturer offering a variety of models.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol and CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police
*************************************************************************************************************
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 93 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Check Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist. You might luck out that someone is moving.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post