SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G10 grip Options for P229RX with E2 Grips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G10 grip Options for P229RX with E2 Grips? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I have a P229RX with the E2 grips. I really don't care for them. They just don't feel as nice as the G10 grips I have on my old P229R "Classic".
The E2 grips feel too thin and not grippy enough for my taste.
What are my options? I haven't had the E2 grips off the pistol yet. Can I just bolt on some Hogue G10s?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Hogue G10 is about it.
There were some 229 Legion grips available a while ago, but at that price they can keep them.

There are the 229 Classic Carry grips that pop up on eBay and such but I found them to be smaller with just about the same profile as E2 grips.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes you can just bolt on the G10 grips. I assume they automatically come with screws. The lug thing that the E2 grip snaps onto have threaded holes in the center.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That is what I needed to know.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post