SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New M11-A1. Remove the UID label or keep it???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New M11-A1. Remove the UID label or keep it??? Login/Join 
posted
Went to Gander Mtn today and a brand new M11-A1 followed me home.
I really couldn't leave it there . . . the display cases were almost empty and it looked so lonely.

Not sure if I like this UID label on the side of the frame though.

What say you? LEAVE IT ON -or- TAKE IT OFF?

If you say "Take It Off", whats a safe/easy way to get it off the frame?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's a gimmick. Take it off. A little oil will do it.

Or, if you just leave it on, after a few cycles of shooting and cleaning, it will peel off easily.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
So I decided to just let mine fall off, whenever. Now, around 4000 rounds later, through indoor, outdoor range visits, rain, sun and cleanings, it is still on lol. A piece has broken off the corner but it stays on. So I am going to see how long it goes.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. I have been wanting to get one in FDE.

Enjoy your new toy

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
12131 is correct it's completely a gimmick, that said I'd personally do what gunguru's done.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just let nature take it's course. It will fall off.

Gimmick or not, it's a great pistol that will provide you years of happiness. Enjoy!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range.
Sweet shooting gun and very accurate right out of the box.
Will try to post some pictures later.

Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
I've had Sigs since 1986, A P226 with mud rails, and of the 10+ since then the M11-A1 I have now is the best fitting...
Sticker? What sticker?

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two M11's...great guns; cheesy-gimmicky label, remove it!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
It'll come off itself eventually. Half of mine is torn off & the half that's still on is crooked. Doesn't bother me.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I took mine off. It was crooked in the first place. Sometimes I wished I just left it be to see how long it would hold up on there...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love my M11-A1; I predict you will, too.

The UID label will fall off on its own; kind of like the umbilical cord stub on a newborn... Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mine disappeared during the first range session. Granted, I got my M11A1 used, but still...

Now how will I be able to scan it back into the Armory?

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's a gimmick. Take it off. A little oil will do it.

Or, if you just leave it on, after a few cycles of shooting and cleaning, it will peel off easily.

Yeah, pretty much where I am at.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Are these around $800 w/NS at Gander now? What's a good price for a NIB gun? Thanks...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I took mine off...

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I left it on and will let it wear off on its own.

The holster wear is starting to rub at a corner. Stubborn little bugger.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stiab;
The GM store had it marked down to $759.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
Stiab;
The GM store had it marked down to $759.

Thanks Duke, the local GM had them at $806 IIRC a couple weeks ago, going by there again tomorrow and take another look.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post