SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    beretta 92x performance (update)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beretta 92x performance (update) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There seems to be an issue with fte’s in these 92X Performance pistols and so far a cause hasn’t been sorted out. Spend a few minutes checking out the Beretta forum. Installing a 150% extractor spring seems to be the best option thus far.

I had one within my first magazine with the empty case in the chamber and the pistol jammed up on the new round which had begun to feed. Once I cleared the pistol it took just a fingernail to pluck the empty case out of the chamber. It was the first obviously non-ammo related failure I had ever had in over 25 years shooting thousands of rounds in 8-10 different Beretta 92s. Haven’t had another although I have shot only several hundred rounds through my new 92x Performance.

It is a really impressive pistol with some teething troubles it seems, and since it is made by Beretta in Italy this can’t be attributed to the CS problems associated with the move out of Maryland.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the exact failure I had. Like i said in my case it was free ammo from target sports. Winchester forged steel cased 115. It was goopy, sticky.

The tula 115, and cci 147 i shot before and after functioned flawlessly.

I will have to take a look at the berretta forum.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
That is the exact failure I had. Like i said in my case it was free ammo from target sports. Winchester forged steel cased 115. It was goopy, sticky.

The tula 115, and cci 147 i shot before and after functioned flawlessly.

I will have to take a look at the berretta forum.

I was shooting CCI Blaser brass 115gr ammo. Be sure to check out the last several pages of the sticky thread about the 92X Performance at the top of the list of threads.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just posted there.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new walking gun yesterday. 365xl. I took it and the 92xp out today. I put 200 through the xl, and 400 through the 92xp.

The 365xl functioned flawlessly. I do not generally like striker-fired guns. It shot well, was on target. It is definitely small, and has some recoil. It isn't terrible at all. Most 380's are worse. I like it better than my wife's shield.

It ate 150 rounds of tula 115, 40rnds of 147 grn cci, and 10 rounds of mixed hollowpoint ammo that was in the rotation to be shot up.

The 92xp was shot using 1/2 115 grn tula and 147grn cci blazer. I sis have 1 failure to extract as I mentioned above. That being said it was after 3 15rnd mags, 3 18 round mags, then reloaded with the 147, and on the 2nd 6th mag, I had the one failure. At that point, the slide and frame were pretty damn hot. The trigger gets quite warm as you close into 400 rounds in pretty rapid succession.

I am betting that that heated up chamber is why I had that single failure to extract.

posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, have you shot your 92XP any further?

I hadn't been following the issues with the gun before recently pulling the proverbial trigger for one that was offered to me at an extremely hard to resist price. I might have reconsidered had I been smart enough to do some due diligence research on the gun before committing. I've been happy with my small collection of 92s so I erroneously assumed that this heavy behemoth would perform the same as the rest.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Topic Resurrection...

Did you guys ever resolve your extraction issues? I’m getting about 150 mean rounds between failure with the exact same type of FTE described above. I changed out the extractor spring to the Wilson 150% spring and still no bueno. I think I might try putting a BB under the extractor spring next to give it a little more grabbing pressure, but idk...

My normal 92 holds the round much less tightly than my X Performance and has never malf’d at all. Confusing.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistol. I really love mine...

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I fondled one yesterday, I wanted it bad but my mad money funds are low and they stopped doing lay a way during the Plandemic Frown

I will own one

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if there was ever a resolution to the extraction issues. I got to handle one of these this week, and man that is one heavy handgun...but absolutely gorgeous and smooth. I can't really afford it, but now I want one, bad. I never should have picked it up! If it has unresolved extraction issues, though, that's a problem.

Posts: 8420 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'm curious if there was ever a resolution to the extraction issues. I got to handle one of these this week, and man that is one heavy handgun...but absolutely gorgeous and smooth. I can't really afford it, but now I want one, bad. I never should have picked it up! If it has unresolved extraction issues, though, that's a problem.

I can't answer your question definitively but as I understand it a very high percentage of pistols exhibiting this problem are fixed by installing the 150% extractor spring as it appears the spring pocket was machined too deep. I have only experienced one fte with mine, as noted above. Other than swapping out grips and installing a 12lb mainspring mine is as bought. It is a hell of a pistol, very smooth and accurate & with a very nice trigger. Was my favorite until I bought my CZ S2O and TSO.

posted Hide Post
Mine has been fine. It extracts and ejects fine.

My issue has been group size. I am not willing to put it past my abilities with the gun. I do not have a large concerted time with it as of yet.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
My issue has been group size

Well, that's not encouraging either Frown. I have an old 92FS that is quite accurate...if the new hotness is 3x the money but can't outperform my old beater, that's a non-starter as well. Have you had an opportunity to shoot it side by side with a standard 92?

Posts: 8420 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now i will give it a 50/50 chance that it is me or the gun.

I have enough DA/SA guns that I do not have problems making the transition.

I have a suspicion that I have a damaged crown. I sent an email off to Beretta and have not heard back.

A quick check. I sent the email on Oct 2nd. and no response as of yet. I will submit another one shortly.

quote:

Thank you for submitting your Beretta Support Request. Our team is reviewing your request now to make sure it gets in the hands of the right expert. We will reach out shortly to outline the next steps.

In the meantime, we encourage you to check out our gear. There are some pretty good savings on the website right now!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions. We're here to help!

Thanks,
Beretta Customer Service Team

posted Hide Post
I have no issues with my Wilson Combat 92G on any ammo.

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
My issue has been group size

Well, that's not encouraging either Frown. I have an old 92FS that is quite accurate...if the new hotness is 3x the money but can't outperform my old beater, that's a non-starter as well. Have you had an opportunity to shoot it side by side with a standard 92?

I find mine to be very accurate. It shoots on par with my WC Brig Tac & Cen Tac, and my LTT Elite, if not better.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that's good to know. Maybe it's a problem with a particular pistol, rather than the whole line. Speaking of muzzle crowns...the store I handled the 92 Performance at had all their handguns out on display so people could handle them and get a feel for them. Cool idea, except they were all hung on steel pegs from a rack on the wall...in the muzzle (guns were trigger locked and cable-locked to the wall so they couldn't be fired, or walk away). The steel rod up the muzzle didn't give me warm fuzzies about the condition of the bores or the crowns on any of those guns...and I also watched a couple of kids beat the heck out of a few of them dropping slides and banging them around while I was in there. It was cool that they were accessible, but it made me cringe seeing $1000+ guns getting treated like that. I'm not sure if they had more in the back or what, but no way I'd buy a floor model from that place Eek!

posted Hide Post
Geez..... I would be really hesitant to buy a gun from there too!

I had special ordered mine from my not-so-local (100 mile round trip) mega gun store. Had heard nothing for months (this was real early on after they were introduced) when I got the itch to buy a 9mm 1911. Imagine my surprise & consternation when I spotted a brand new Beretta 92X Performance on the shelf of that same shop AFTER I had filled out the paperwork for my brand new Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator Elite

posted Hide Post
I got RMA email from beretta. I will send the firearm to them and see what they have to say if anything.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Please post MORE pics! Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post