SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p224's at lgs.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p224's at lgs. Login/Join 
posted
A couple of P224's at the lgs. Felt really good in hand, but kinda heavy and blocky. Anybody here carry one?

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently got a NIB one for a steal off Gunbroker. I haven't shot it a lot but I love it. I don't really carry much, but I would definitely carry my 224. It is heavy. I like the mag compatibility with my 229/226's and it shoots like them. Great pistol.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m carrying mine in .357 right now. I’ll admit it’s not in frequent rotation, but the small package with 357 feels good. It was worked over by Robert Burke and really shoots well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I carry a P224 in 357 Sig. It took the place of a P239. I wanted the double stack higher round count. I mostly carry it AIWB - 10 rd with pinky extension, and then 2 12 rd'ers (in pants or coat pockets) one in the pipe gives me 35 total rounds. Shoots fine, meets the criteria I bought it for, yes a little lighter would be nice.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I carry either a P224 9mm or P229C 9mm and love them both.

One thing I DO love about the P224 9mm is that I can carry the same spare mag (MecGar P229 17rd) and all 3 guns (P224, P229C, and regular P229) can accept it.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
switched from a 239 to a 224, also wanted double stack

normally in 40, but did find a 357 barrel for it

Posts: 858 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I have one as part of my rotation. Robert Burke did his carry action job on it and installed the QTR trigger. Daylight and dark difference.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shop had 2 used. Both had boxes, one had 4 mags and no wear at all for $675, and one had very little wear and 2 mags for $625.

posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. I don't carry it very much (usually opt for something larger). You won't be disappointed if you get one.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pshooter62:
The shop had 2 used. Both had boxes, one had 4 mags and no wear at all for $675, and one had very little wear and 2 mags for $625.

They are going up inprice it seems, but that’s a tad high I think.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention. They're both 9mm da/sa.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A great pistol for its size. I like the sights and the weight out front on this small pistol, it shoots really well.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a few and traded or sold them.

The 9mm was a DAK

and my 40 was sa/da.

They were pretty heavy as you know compared to a plastic gun, and I just couldn't grow to carry them more than a glock. One day I'd like to pick one up just cause, but having young kids puts a huge pause on guns for fun.

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems to be a bit high for used 224's. I see new old stock for sale around here and in Orlando for $999. That was the going list years ago. I have two.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have a 224 DAK in the rotation from time to time (also Robert Burke tuned action llike dry-fly). Really like it. Blocky? Yes, a bit, but I still like the compact size & weight and thereby how it handles follow up shots.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I have a P224 .357 Sig SAS DAK. It is a wonderful little pistol. It is either carried or night stand duty.

Posts: 787 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
A little high I think. I bought a 9mm da/sa a couple weeks ago with case and 2 mags for $429.00. Definitely needed a good cleaning but is in good shape. I like it. Will be carrying it as soon as I find the appropriate holster.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
That price sounds a bit high to me as well.

When they first came out I got two of the 357SIG P224 SAS pistols. One DA/DA and one DAK

I still find the DAK trigger very hard to warm up to and sold that one off just keeping the DA/SA version

I find it just small enough to pocket carry in the 5.11 Covert Carry pants.

Both of mine were extremely accurate.

I had hoped to pick up one of the Tactical 40s, but SIG only made the one prototype

I know . . . such a stubby pistol would look funny with the can attached but then I like the strange and unusual at times

Since the shop as two to choose from, they might be a bit more willing to negotiate.

Good Luck and let us know the outcome

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgot to mention. They're both 9mm da/sa.

Based on what I've been able to find recently, these are less common that the .40 and DAK. I recently purchased one from a fine member of this forum and am embarrassed to say I still have not shot it.

Posts: 439 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post