SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X carry, cutting frame to fit subcompact mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X carry, cutting frame to fit subcompact mags Login/Join 
posted
When I purchased the x carry, I was thinking of carrying it; but now I think the subcompact frame size might be easier (short mag and grip)

I thought about buying a sub frame, but you loose the rail and x cut;
Now I see the x frame replacement grip is available.
I was thinking of buying a spare and trimming it down. He anyone tried it with any success?

Posts: 49 | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I considered doing it, but the length difference didn't seem to be significant enough for the bother. I use a subcompact frame when I want to go smaller with the Xcarry. The compact when you put them side by side just isn't that different. How much would you be taking off?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just enough to fit s subcompact magazine
So it would retain the x carry feel with shorter grip

Posts: 49 | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see them do an X Compact.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That's about right.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scubadds:
When I purchased the x carry, I was thinking of carrying it; but now I think the subcompact frame size might be easier (short mag and grip)

I thought about buying a sub frame, but you loose the rail and x cut;
Now I see the x frame replacement grip is available.
I was thinking of buying a spare and trimming it down. He anyone tried it with any success?

Alma cut one down for me to take compact mags. Looks, works great. I wouldn't want to go any shorter.

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Comparing the XCarry frame to a Compact frame they appear to be the same size. Using the compact frame only saves you the length of the 17 round mag that extends past the end of the XCarry grip. Has anyone put the X baseplate on a compact mag to see if it will flush fit inside the XCarry grip without reduction?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Comparing the XCarry frame to a Compact frame they appear to be the same size. Using the compact frame only saves you the length of the 17 round mag that extends past the end of the XCarry grip. Has anyone put the X baseplate on a compact mag to see if it will flush fit inside the XCarry grip without reduction?

I’m curious as well. I’m thinking this would look slick

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post