SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LRS2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Maybe it's not even a firearm at all? Maybe it will be shower curtain rods.

Will they be "tactical"? High capacity? Maybe I want to hang two or three curtains at once?

Will there be grip serrations on them? Gets awful slippery in the shower sometimes.

Rumor has it they are using a carbon fiber overlay on the Glock polymer. The shower curtain rings are supposed to be forged and coated with Glock Tenifer. There may also be "fish gills" and a RTF surface, but those are just rumors.

Posts: 43 | Location: KY | Registered: April 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Seriously though,

Since I don’t believe they can really compete with 365/Hellcat due to their current magazine design and I really doubt they are going to release metal mags and I really doubt it will simply be railed 43x/48 I am going to stick with.....

The rotating barrel Glock they released in Europe. The G46.

I believe this for the following reasons.

-they need to take the wind out of the sails of the 365/hellcat marketing.

-the G46 exists and is radically different enough that it will make news get a lot of Glock faithful sales. (I know rotating barrels are not new but for Glock they are)

-I don’t believe it will be a Carbine. There are tons of Carbine choices out there and half of em’ already take Glock mags anyway.

-I don’t believe Glock wants to be an EVERYTHING company like SIG and honestly I think that would dilute the brand unless every bit of whatever they get into is up to Glock levels of durability and reliability. I just don’t see them branding a Holosun or Chinese flashlight.

-I don’t see a 10mm. They already make some of the best options here and the market ain’t that big.

So I’m going with the Glock 46 or possibly a couple or three rotating barrel models. (Full size and compact for example).

Either that or an Ugly colored Gen 5 .45 that all the .45 faithful will buy when they really want a black one which will be released after everybody buys the baby shit colored one.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Maybe a safety like they put on the military trial gun?
No, they're referring to this as a "legendary" event, not an "oh, by the way" event.

IT ARE SOMETHING YUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!

A Glock with a built-in web browser, or the ability to read minds or do your taxes for you, something like that.

A little indicator light on each Glock which flashes when your pistol is in proximity to someone who needs killing. Glocks which can see into the future- not far, maybe five or so minutes, but you can see how that could really come in handy.

I want the indicator light equipped Glock!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
I want the indicator light equipped Glock!

You'll need an adapter.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Maybe they will release an aesthetically pleasing model.......nah that’s just crazy talk. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like G46 idea. don't have to pull the trigger to takedown. add a couple of new versions and legandary.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Hey Siri, shoot that target."

Beloomp: "jawohl"

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
43X MOS and 48 MOS?

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
It’s a Glock-Branded stapler....after all...Glocks already have a trigger like a staple gun..... Wink

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't think the rotating barrel gun changes enough in the way of functionality for the shooter to make much of a difference in the market.

I have to believe that the P365 and now the Hellcat have put a substantial dent in G43 sales, and I really doubt the X models fixed that. If they want to get those sales back, they're going to need to build a direct competitor (which for them I'd define as 9mm gun with the length and height of a 43, which is no wider than the X models, with a 10+ round flush magazine.)

They may not be doing that with this announcement, but they have to do it to stay competitive in a major segment of their market. If that means changing their basic magazine design, so be it. They're very much in the position they were in after the Shield came out, but before they released the 43.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Seriously though,

Since I don’t believe they can really compete with 365/Hellcat due to their current magazine design and I really doubt they are going to release metal mags and I really doubt it will simply be railed 43x/48 I am going to stick with.....

The rotating barrel Glock they released in Europe. The G46.

I believe this for the following reasons.

-they need to take the wind out of the sails of the 365/hellcat marketing.

-the G46 exists and is radically different enough that it will make news get a lot of Glock faithful sales. (I know rotating barrels are not new but for Glock they are)

-I don’t believe it will be a Carbine. There are tons of Carbine choices out there and half of em’ already take Glock mags anyway.

-I don’t believe Glock wants to be an EVERYTHING company like SIG and honestly I think that would dilute the brand unless every bit of whatever they get into is up to Glock levels of durability and reliability. I just don’t see them branding a Holosun or Chinese flashlight.

-I don’t see a 10mm. They already make some of the best options here and the market ain’t that big.

So I’m going with the Glock 46 or possibly a couple or three rotating barrel models. (Full size and compact for example).

Either that or an Ugly colored Gen 5 .45 that all the .45 faithful will buy when they really want a black one which will be released after everybody buys the baby shit colored one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Retro Glock. Gen 1 in a limited edition.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
They have posted a couple of pictures on Instagram talking about the announcement. Both of the pictures that I noticed were of someone outside, and they had on a backpack. I’m thinking that there’s a pistol caliber Glock car been in the backpack. Fingers crossed!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen6 Glocks... Revenge of the Finger Grove.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
They have posted a couple of pictures on Instagram talking about the announcement. Both of the pictures that I noticed were of someone outside, and they had on a backpack. I’m thinking that there’s a pistol caliber Glock car been in the backpack. Fingers crossed!

The Glock Field Knife and Entrenching Tool are long overdue for a new Gen and would fit in w/ the backpacking theme.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Retro Glock. Gen 1 in a limited edition.
This is a distinct possibility, given that they are using the word "Legendary" to describe their great whatsit. The carbine is also a distinct possibility, given that Glock owners have been talking about a Glock carbine since the previous century, and which has, through all those years, been nothing more than a legend.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I say it will be a Glock 1911 pistol that would have the traditional Glock Slide/Barrel lock-up dispensing with internal lugs and swinging link, but would accept all 1911 compatible action and control components:

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
My Internet Guess

Most likely :
10mm announcement

Possibility :
Glock Fanboy Buttsoreness Ointment

Big Grin

My guess is a 10mm carbine as well. but your second possibility could have some validity. Mr. Glock already has a patent on a Vaginitis remedy.

https://patents.google.com/pat...20170136060?oq=glock

I had no idea that Mr. Glock was into so much stuff. I searched patents and Gaston Glock. Was a good lunch time internet rabbit hole.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, customers will be the beta testers and it will be recalled.....errr....upgraded. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
22lr something or other according to glocktalk

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post