SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A lightweight revolver not needing moon clips would be great. But I'm thinking a long gun (or PCC).

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Hoping it is the 19MHS (G19 w/manual Safety)

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, a carbine would make the most sense, since they're describing this as "legendary". As Glock introduces more variations of their one pistol design, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to claim 'innovation', so a carbine does make a lot of sense.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Glock. It's what plants crave.

It's got electrolytes.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, a carbine would make the most sense, since they're describing this as "legendary". As Glock introduces more variations of their one pistol design, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to claim 'innovation', so a carbine does make a lot of sense.

How would that make any more sense than an SP5? I thought you hated PCCs.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have got to be shitting me. Tell me how that works- tell me how my statement that since Glock has fairly exhausted the permutations of their pistols, and since they are using the word "legendary- which suggests something unique or at least significantly different, and therefore that it would make sense that they will be introducing a carbine or even possibly a revolver- tell me how that means that this is something that I desire.

Explain this to me. Explain to me how your arrived at such a wrong conclusion.

Listen, if you're still stinging because you couldn't counter my logic on the other thread, that's your problem, and all you're doing by pulling silly shit like what you're now doing, is simply making matters worse. My posts were based in logic. Yours were emotion-based and then you got downright silly. That's not my fault.

I'm talking about Glock's possible marketing strategy, but this just HAS to mean that it "makes more sense" than your coveted paperweight, because of my views on pistol caliber carbines? Really? You need to stop and think before you post. Really, you do, because it's obvious that you didn't get any satisfaction in the other thread and that you're spoiling for a fight.

But, please, do explain to me how you arrived at this nonsense you're posting in this thread. It's apparent, though, that you're putting as much thought into your posts in this thread as you were in the other, which is little to none.

You managed to get that other thread locked, but if you continue to show your ass, I'm not going to lock this one. What I'll do is put you on Moderated Status, and don't tell me that you don't care, because I don't care that you don't care. I am simply telling you what's next if you continue with your little butt-hurt tantrum. I don't run this place to be followed around in it by someone who's nursing a sore ass. I will not tolerate this shit.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Listen, if you're still stinging because you couldn't counter my logic on the other thread, that's your problem, and all you're doing by pulling silly shit like what you're now doing, is simply making matters worse. My posts were based in logic. Yours were emotion-based and then you got downright silly. That's not my fault.

That's just nonsense Para. I think if any reasonably OBJECTIVE person were to read the SP5 thread, they would likely conclude YOU were the one who was emotional. I made some good points, you did too, but ultimately YOU came off just plain SILLY and WRONG.

Now, I point out a degree of hypocrisy, and you... Well, there you go again getting all emotional.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I made several points in that thread that you were unable to address, and I am wrong? In your dreams, man. You'd better go back and read it again, and make sure you don't skip the parts where you started putting in all that smirking nonsense, acting as if it was all a big joke.

Moderated Status, thirty days. You've been TRYING to piss me off with your fucking babbling bullshit- all that stupid shit you put in about A Few Good Men and my "feathers", and yes, you succeeded, laughing boy, and now, you're going to be quiet. I can guarantee that.

Happy now?

I don't run this place so that I can position myself to put up with a bunch of bullshit from butt-hurt members, and neither you nor anyone else in this place is going to follow me around from thread to thread just because I got the best of them.

And I'm not allowing you to make edits to that post. I put it back the way you had it when I responded to it. Just cool it, and I don't need to hear your critique of how I run this place. Not interested. Just cool it. You're beginning to really piss me off with this fucking nonsense. Stop wasting my time.

You have a really odd idea of what a man has to put up with in his own house, and all this stuff you put in your last post about me using "liberal tactics" is nothing but a bunch of bullshit on your part. This is my house and you will mind your manners, and if you think that makes me a 'liberal', then enjoy your fantasy land. You came in here to act out. Well, you succeeded. You did this, not me.

posted Hide Post
Crossing my fingers for a Glock carbine, or at least the G20, 21, 22, etc. in Gen 5.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take a Gen 5 G21 MOS please.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Maybe a metal-framed version of the G17L. I would not mind a G17L, a poly framed Gen5 would be really cool!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Everything old is new again! It's going to be the "Glock Classic" line, original G17's at $200 more!

I finally get my full sized / commander sized single stack 45? I doubt it.

Someone mentioned .22's... a 48 sized .22LR would sell.

You know if they'd make a 43 mag you could get some more rounds in, I'd buy one tomorrow. Being in a ban state, the 15 round 43x 48 mag thing is cool, but it does nothing for me. I like the 43, but I'm not gaining enough extra rounds to give up my .45XDs.

Probably not a polymer lever action .32-20

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Everything old is new again! It's going to be the "Glock Classic" line, original G17's at $200 more!

You know, honestly, if they re-introduced the Gen 1 frame molds with a more modern texture that actually grips, and with updated slide rails, I would buy one. Not at $200 more, and I know you're just making a joke, but the point is, they got so much right with the first generation that it's still my favorite. It wouldn't at all be a horrible thing for them to go back to that slimmer profile and simply fix the texture. That's all that was really lacking about it in the first place. My 1986 G17 is still the best shooting Glock I've ever owned or shot. It carries and handles more like a Gen 2 G19 than the G22 RTF2 I used to own.

And before somebody says "you described a Gen 5, just get one," the answer is "no." Get yourself a Gen 1 and compare it to your Gen 5 and realize they changed about a thousand little things.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it fits the hints they're dropping, but they need to update the original 43, to at least match the P365's capacity, without making it any bigger.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the first time I saw the Glock shovel and the Glock knife and I was impressed.

I get easily impressed with the Hogue knives and such, so it occurs to me there could be a decent profit margin in Glock making a range of utility knives...

Remember, you heard it here folks (can't recall ever accurately forecasting anything much, besides the rain)

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
As for the Glock carbine crowd. If what you are hoping for does not present itself, MechTech makes carbine uppers for the Glock and 1911 platform.

The older version was smoothed over like a traditional rifle and the current version is more of an AR style. Easy to customize either way.

I've had mine compliment a Gen2 model 22 frame for years and it works great.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Glock carbine is a joke going back to my earliest days on gun forums. GlockTalk was referring to the imminent arrival of the Glock carbine more than twenty years ago.

Again, their email refers to something "Legendary" so it may be the carbine finally. Also, the idea of first gen frames, or metallic frames is not too far fetched. Whatever it is, of it's just yet another permutation of Glock's pistol platform, people will never again take Glock's marketing hype seriously.

God help them if they introduce a new caliber.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Glock carbine is a joke going back to my earliest days on gun forums. GlockTalk was referring to the imminent arrival of the Glock carbine more than twenty years ago.

Again, their email refers to something "Legendary" so it may be the carbine finally. Also, the idea of first gen frames, or metallic frames is not too far fetched. Whatever it is, of it's just yet another permutation of Glock's pistol platform, people will never again take Glock's marketing hype seriously.

God help them if they introduce a new caliber.

This 100%! How many times have we heard from an “inside source” which was some guy who went to an armorer’s course at Glock that a carbine was being introduced that year?!

Glock’s marketing is always grandiose and so those of us who have been through this for decades will just scratch our chins and watch to see what really happens. Zero expectations. Zero anticipation.

Hopefully for once reality matches marketing hyperbole, and if not we will enjoy our existing Glocks and have a good laugh.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The “Glock Carbine” goes back to at least 1999 and even then it was a bit of a joke.

Metal framed models are note out of the realm of possibility though. Walther saw some consumer acceptance with the steel Q5 and it’s a nice marketing “gimmick” for today’s shooters who only know tactical Tupperware.

I still think it will either be railed 43x/48 or some kind of a true P365/Hellcat competitor.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post