SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any chance this G44 will be available as a Blue label?

I suspect Glock tested the fastest .22lr available for reliability? (I say that with hope) I keep a bunch of the Aguila and CCI stuff that rates >1425 fps for my rifles, and normally shoot the std velocity from handguns.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Advantage arms .22 on G17 has been reliable with CCI standard velocity.
Need to use the light lube before use and you will have no malfunctions

Hate loading their magazines, sorry Glock didn’t release this in G17 size so I could try their mag with the Advantage conversion unit.

If anyone gets the chance and has an Advantage arms G19 conversion, is like to hear if the Glock mags function with that unit.

Glock mags may be cheaper too, Advantage one cost me around $25-$27 a piece.

Thanks
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Great in depth review on Glock 44 and can be dry fired.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Advantage Arms. mini mags. good to go. thousands of rounds.
Not exactly sure what glock will do to be better but OK, I ordered one. I've not paid a bunch of attention on this but is the lower a stock 19 lower?? (an advantage to me).

My Glock 20 Advantage Arms kit has been great, but it does not like Federal Value packs, lightning or Winchester 333. I'm one of those nerds with a spreadsheet. It's also very sensitive to being dirty. I notice with any ammo after a couple hundred rounds I start getting stoppages. Accuracy is very good.

I'm excited for the G44, I want a good 22 suppressor host and I don't have a Glock 19. I shoot a lot of 22 to stick to my ammo budget. My wife is also more willing to learn how to shoot, she's been very not interested but now is feeling like she should be proficient. I think the G44 could be a good intro.

The 10 round mags aren't a big deal to me for three reasons:

1. Most of my shooting practice is done with 5, 6 or 10 rounds in the mag.

2. I'm pretty sure larger mags will come out eventually.

3. I get how the single stack is more reliable.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
My Glock 20 Advantage Arms kit has been great, but it does not like Federal Value packs, lightning or Winchester 333.

Not a surprise that you get problems using ammo they specifically DO NOT recommend.
I got a piece of paper in my con. kit that says this:

Recommended Ammo for the following kits:
17-22, 19-23, 26-27, 20-21, 29-30 CCI MiniMags (40 grain round nose not hollow points)
Remington Golden Bullets 550/525 Round Bonus Back
CCI Blazers

NOT Recommended:
CCI MiniMag hollow points
All Winchester ammo
All Federal ammo
Remington Thunderbolts
CCI Stinger or any other hyper velocity ammo

Note: The Remington Golden Bullets work quite well, however, you will get more light strikes and inconsistent loads than with the other recommended ammo.

AA link

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
Here I am waiting for the slimmed down G29 with full length grip i.e. a heavier G48 in 10mm.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No kidding Gata. I was ready for A G19 size 10mm and even cleared a little spot in my safe for it. The .22 junkies will be happy but I couldn't be more disappointed.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
No kidding Gata. I was ready for A G19 size 10mm and even cleared a little spot in my safe for it. The .22 junkies will be happy but I couldn't be more disappointed.

There might be some hope.

...buuut that SKU does seem suspect.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Great in depth review on Glock 44 and can be dry fired.
Yeah, he was disappointed after all the overhyping until Glock invited him to some event. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Glock itself was a game changer.

Polymer framed, striker fired pistol. Simple and reliable as a good hammer or screw driver.

Good Old Gaston made a better mousetrap, and a whole lot of people beat a path to his door! Ya can't argue much with that.

They need to chill out with the over hyped nonsense.
A single stack .380
A single stack 9mm
A .22

Nothing out of this world...

Glock, give us a call when you make a carbine. You're not re-inventing the wheel. Until then, just let us know you're coming out with something "new".

Will they, though?

They're doing just fine applying the Baskin Robbins philosophy to that original innovation, the 17, and just offering a flavor of it for everyone.

Call me a pessimist but I don't think they're gonna try and innovate their way into a whole new market (PCC/braced pistol) with a whole new design (shoulder arm that's not going to work on modified Browning titling delayed blowback) unless they have to.

Not a drive by and I'm happy to be proved wrong in replies (or with future inexpensive PCC goodness).

ETA: I'll be damned, I didn't know about the 46. Wonder who just had to have a rotating barrel, and why.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Really wanted optic ready slimlines. I’m debating cutting a G43x or just changing over to the P365 XL.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post