SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's the boy who cried 'WOLF!'

What do you do when you're in a parking lot and you hear a car alarm go off? Not a fucking thing, that's what. And why is that?

This shamefully overblown marketing hype is desensitizing buyers to the point of catatonia.

Just tell us what you have to sell and stop insulting the intelligence of your customers. After that dog stopped getting his cookie, I'll wager that he bit the fuck out of Pavlov when he got the chance. ringring CHOMP

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
No .22 LR pistol deserves any fanfare. Just say, “Coming Soon, G44. G19 framed .22”.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What the marketing people at Glock fail to understand is that they didn't have to go through all this intelligence-insulting bullshit. This new pistol would be discussed in gun forums even if they had whispered their announcement at three in the morning, mid-week. Their lies and hype were unecessary and it might even be said that unveiling such weak sauce after their EPIC, LEGENDARY, NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY horse shit has generated some bad feeling towards the company, not that these nitwits give the slightest fuck.

People who want it, will buy it; those who don't, won't. Talking out of your marketing ass doesn't sell pistols. Not one extra pistol will be sold as a result of their stupid, ridiculously overblown, phony marketing hype.

If they'd come out with a .22LR version of the G18 with a 40 round magzine and three round burst feature with some brilliant BATFE-approved loophole that would allow civilians to purchase a select fire weapon over the counter (optional extended magazine holding 150 rounds), now that would be "legendary." As it stands, though, Advantage Arms beat Glock to LEGENDARY by more than a decade.

Pretty much this right here...unless Glock was trying to out-Springfield Springfield. Even then, this feels like Springfield Lucy just jerked the ball away from Glock Charlie at the last possible moment. And that actually is L E G E N D A R Y.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
No .22 LR pistol deserves any fanfare. Just say, “Coming Soon, G44. G19 framed .22”.

But Glocks Marketing Team has to justify their existence and sold the company that such an unveiling would create "buzz" and "chatter", and does so by showing all the "likes" on Instacrap and Facespace.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
A threaded barrel makes it an "assualt weapon" where I live. Roll Eyes

Glad someone did the smart thing and introduced their non threaded version first as the standard item, instead of as a more expensive option later down the line.

Heck, just being semiauto makes it an “assault weapon” in my state and to buy one, you forever waive your HIPPA rights and agree to a bunch of yearly checks. To own a fucking .22 pistol. I’m gonna stop there.

They should put out a G42 or G48 framed .22. This... I don’t get.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para nailed it.

I keep looking for a Glock to buy, but even though they hyped the release, this one ain't it.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
With a threaded barrel, I might let it touch my monkey.

Looks like Reeves is confirming his Glock Fan Boy status.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm pretty sure that's not K. Reeves.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
This is 'Murica, everything is hype - this pistol will sell

It sure will, but this is the biggest hype from them in a while and for something pretty... Unexciting.

Glock Austria:

"I have just vached dis very American show un dee TV. I have learned a lot abouts dee American Culture. Dis show vas called "The Happy Days" vis dis verrry intristing character named und "Arthur Fonzerelli". Der is dis und SHARK in zee VATER, see..."

Sure, If I was in the market for a semi-auto .22 pistol, this might be on my "Top 5" list.

Maybe, maybe, somewhere down the line, after I've checked off a lot of guns on my "WANT & NEED" list... IF it's at a good price.

Outside of that, I'm out.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What the marketing people at Glock fail to understand is that they didn't have to go through all this intelligence-insulting bullshit. This new pistol would be discussed in gun forums even if they had whispered their announcement at three in the morning, mid-week. Their lies and hype were unecessary

A good example of this is the latest HK SP5 pistol. There was no million dollar event to launch the pistol, hell available information was almost nil. But gun forums spread the word, information was exchanged, and a buzz was created by gun enthusiasts, not marketing or media hype.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
G19 sized 10 round. 22 pistol Roll Eyes g42 with a 25 round mag might interest me.

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I learned when playing in a gigging band that if everyone is loud then there's nowhere to go if you need some part to stand out in front.
Seems all marketing today is at 11 with no 12 on the knob and nobody is willing to turn down.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I learned when playing in a gigging band that if everyone is loud then there's nowhere to go if you need some part to stand out in front.
Seems all marketing today is at 11 with no 12 on the knob and nobody is willing to turn down.

In this case, it's as if Glock was the band AND the cheering crowd. The actual audience (us) are standing somewhere in the back with a puzzled expression.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
^^^ I'm pretty sure that's not K. Reeves.

No, this is J. Reeves, not K. Reeves.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to their current spokesman? they still list Ermey on their website. didn't they get the memo?

Glock is starting the downhill trend.

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I honestly think SIG, GLOCk and Springfield (gag) are no longer marketing to us. They are marketing to a different, younger crowd who have been promised EVERYTHING in their lives to be GAME CHANGERS.

Let’s face it, the vast majority of social media style marketing repulses us. But apparently either it works, or marketing director #12 has convinced everyone that it works.

Look at the pop up ads on many sites and the “one simple trick” ads. If they did not work, they would not be out there in such large numbers.

“Take a breath before you click on this to see what she looks like now.......”

I think that gun companies are no longer marketing to me. Or you. A fine example was the Modern Warfare style silly series that SIG put out “IN THE NEXT EPISODE...” everyone can be special forces if you buy their stuff.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Marketing of all kinds panders much more to the young. They want to reach buyers who haven't developed brand loyalty yet.

Face it, you know what you like, and advertising isn't likely to change that.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I honestly think SIG, GLOCk and Springfield (gag) are no longer marketing to us. They are marketing to a different, younger crowd who have been promised EVERYTHING in their lives to be GAME CHANGERS.

Let’s face it, the vast majority of social media style marketing repulses us. But apparently either it works, or marketing director #12 has convinced everyone that it works.

Look at the pop up ads on many sites and the “one simple trick” ads. If they did not work, they would not be out there in such large numbers.

“Take a breath before you click on this to see what she looks like now.......”

I think that gun companies are no longer marketing to me. Or you. A fine example was the Modern Warfare style silly series that SIG put out “IN THE NEXT EPISODE...” everyone can be special forces if you buy their stuff.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock itself was a game changer.

Polymer framed, striker fired pistol. Simple and reliable as a good hammer or screw driver.

Good Old Gaston made a better mousetrap, and a whole lot of people beat a path to his door! Ya can't argue much with that.

They need to chill out with the over hyped nonsense.
A single stack .380
A single stack 9mm
A .22

Nothing out of this world...

Glock, give us a call when you make a carbine. You're not re-inventing the wheel. Until then, just let us know you're coming out with something "new".

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Anyone try any of the .22 conversion kits that have been on the market for years?

I only have one Advantage Arms conversion.
With Rem Golden bullets and CCI minimags it’s 100% reliable.
With any Federal or Win loads, you get to practice your malf drills.
(kinda fun to toss the odd Fed bullet in a pile and not know when it’s coming)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advantage Arms. mini mags. good to go. thousands of rounds.
Not exactly sure what glock will do to be better but OK, I ordered one. I've not paid a bunch of attention on this but is the lower a stock 19 lower?? (an advantage to me).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post