SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
This is 'Murica, everything is hype - this pistol will sell

It sure will, but this is the biggest hype from them in a while and for something pretty... Unexciting.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks...interesting, but some things need clarification.

I can get into a Glock .22LR since I'm in the market for a semi auto .22LR. Looks like a threaded barrel is available.

From what I see, the magazine is plenty big enough to fit more rounds than ten. 20 or even 15 would be a big improvement. Adjustable rear sights is a plus. And if Glock reliability is the case, and pricing is right (along with threaded barrel), this might work.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
“Be Sure And Drink Your Ovaltine.”

Ovaltine?! Sonofabitch!!!!

Big Grin

Now I know exactly how Ralphie felt after all that hype.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Don't need a bulky 22 any more than I need a Glock 43 in 10mm.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball

From what I see, the magazine is plenty big enough to fit more rounds than ten. 20 or even 15 would be a big improvement. Adjustable rear sights is a plus. And if Glock reliability is the case, and pricing is right (along with threaded barrel), this might work.

A couple years ago I lucked into an encounter with some Glock executives and I mentioned always wanting a G19 sized .22lr. Indirectly they indicated something was in the works and then I was asked my opinion on how important a .22lr mag that held over 10 rounds was to me.

Now by no means am I of any importance so I’m sure my answer had zero effect on the magazine size. But I bring it up because I know the higher-ups were at least considering it. I have to wonder if they couldn’t get it to work

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Any idea what that rounded rectangle is on the top of the slide?
Probably polymer for weight reduction (WAG on my part).

From what it says on the Glock site - "Hybrid steel-polymer slide"

Looks like the rectangle part is where part of the metal frame of the slide interlocks into the polymer shell.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
With a threaded barrel, I might let it touch my monkey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Make a list of all the .22 pistols ever made that had a higher capacity than 10 or had a double stack magazine.

You will find it's a very short list and not without a reason.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I love it. Should be a lot of fun with a suppressor.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta M9-22 has a 15 round capacity magazine. The Taurus TX22 has a 16 round capacity. Glock could have made higher capacity magazines.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glock probably will leave higher capacity magazines to third party manufacturers. Then when a Glock 44 owner has issues with them it is not Glocks problem. I have no problem with 10 rounds with a Glock 44.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
quote:

Looks like the rectangle part is where part of the metal frame of the slide interlocks into the polymer shell.

That may preclude the slide from being milled for a red dot optic. Hopefully not.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
quote:

That may preclude the slide from being milled for a red dot optic. Hopefully not.
The addition of a RDSs weight may also cause issues.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone try any of the .22 conversion kits that have been on the market for years?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Imagine I'll pick one up, with threaded barrel once it's on the market, why not, I found a little room in the safe where it might fit...

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll likely pick one up next summer after the rush has died down. Not earth shattering, game changing, or any of that - but it would be nice to have a dedicated Glock in 22LR format.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone try any of the .22 conversion kits that have been on the market for years?

I have shot other folks' Advantage Arms kits over the years and never had any issues that I can remember. I mean I assume Remington Golden bullet will hose them but then again......Remington Golden Bullet/thunderbolt......yeah I got nothing good to say here. Frown Well it does work well in a bolt action or as an immediate action trainer so there is that....Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I would have liked a steel slide one on the frame of the G42.
I’ll play with one at the store when they come available.

Glad to see Glock “break out” of their comfort zone.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What the marketing people at Glock fail to understand is that they didn't have to go through all this intelligence-insulting bullshit. This new pistol would be discussed in gun forums even if they had whispered their announcement at three in the morning, mid-week. Their lies and hype were unecessary and it might even be said that unveiling such weak sauce after their EPIC, LEGENDARY, NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY horse shit has generated some bad feeling towards the company, not that these nitwits give the slightest fuck.

People who want it, will buy it; those who don't, won't. Talking out of your marketing ass doesn't sell pistols. Not one extra pistol will be sold as a result of their stupid, ridiculously overblown, phony marketing hype.

If they'd come out with a .22LR version of the G18 with a 40 round magzine and three round burst feature with some brilliant BATFE-approved loophole that would allow civilians to purchase a select fire weapon over the counter (optional extended magazine holding 150 rounds), now that would be "legendary." As it stands, though, Advantage Arms beat Glock to LEGENDARY by more than a decade.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not sure what they should have done that would be acceptable to everyone, in today's world it's all about the hype and social media, if you don't launch it with great fanfare everyone would say it's no big deal, even Glock didn't do a big announcement...

To be certain, with social media you're certain to get as many responses as possible, good, bad and ugly. No shortage of opinions and people who are eager to let everyone know.

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post