SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock live event on 12-10-19
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock live event on 12-10-19 Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
wow that was a let down. I'm glad they released it, and there is a market for it, but I lol'd when I saw it. Legendary my ass.

This is the type of product you just release and surprise the market with one day. People would have been all, "oh cool a .22 Glock was at my shop today!" Now that they hyped it, we're all laughing and saying "who cares, stupid marketing hype."

How manufacturers don't get this is beyond me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping for a PCC. To find out it is a .22lr pistol...well meh... is my response.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
22 is pretty disappointing. And a 10 round magazine even more disappointing

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yay! The 44 is a 22 and the 22 is a 40 and the 40 is a 10mm.

Um, okay. So I guess the guy in the field was going to bag a moose with one of these?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looking for a silver lining here, but...

I wonder if it uses a standard Gen 5 G19 frame? It certainly appears to.

Therefore, could you buy a G44 and slap a Gen 5 G19 slide assembly on it, or stick a G44 slide assembly on your Gen 5 G19 frame?

That might provide a little bit of extra value, if they were to offer .22/9mm "caliber conversion kits".

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda feels like Glock just gave everyone a sweater for Christmas.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Big Grin

You win the internet today! That’s exactly what this feels like.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Any douchemagoo on these over hyping marketing teams need to be kicked in the sack!!

Did anyone working on this project really believe they were developing something legendary?
And what in the flip did the dude walking outside have anything to do with it? Hiking, working outside, whatever a .22 is the last thing I am carrying.

I already have a Buckmark and a M&P .22 that run flawlessly.

Granted they’ll sell a good number of these then in 6 months or so they’ll release an MOS or suppressor ready version.

Not a bad idea. Not sure why they never did it before. The marketing hype though is a bunch of nonsense.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

lol exactly. In thinking more about this, I really am even more disappointed.

It's a Glock 19 trainer!!!! is it? Was 9mm too expensive to train with? really?

It's a great plinker!!! is it? I think the Ruger 22/45 is probably way better.

It will be fun!!!! Uhhhh, my Kel Tec CP33 is hands down waaaaaay more fun! Most fun you can have with a .22 lr pistol. Fact! I will fight all of the internet who disagrees, lol.

So really, not only is this not legendary, it's down right stupid. I like shooting .22, I like Glocks, but I won't even give this pistol a second look. I'm happy Glock fans can buy a Glock .22 if they like. I love the options. But that's it. It's for Glock fans to buy and leave in the back of the safe. It will sell, but Legendary and it's own event seem dumber and dumber with every passing moment.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Soooooo no lever action. Smile

So basically Glock just released a LEGENDARY!!!!.....advantage arms kit. Okie dokie.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Well I am surprised. For once Glock did something I agree with. I'm a big fan of .22 LR understudies for your carry guns. It lets you get in more trigger time at much less cost with a gun that looks and feels like what you carry. I seriously doubt it'll be a target quality gun, but should be a decent plinker.

But I still won't buy one.

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is the slide polymer???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:

A "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" moment for sure! Big Grin

The 10 round magazine is the real killer. Swing and a miss there, Glock.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
While I certainly don't think it is legendary, that is marketing - kind of like all the "game changer" Glock 19 killers that were hyped that were not.

Still a Glock 19 sized 22 trainer makes a lot of sense being it is one of the best selling hand guns in the world. I am certainly going to check it out being that I am a huge fan of my Glock 19 and I hope trigger reach and operation/weight are very similar to the Glock 19. Nice that it will take the extra back straps to fit most hand sizes like the Gen 5 Glocks. I don't think any other poly frame .22 pistol offers that yet.

As far as ten round magazines. Maybe larger will come out but with so many states with magazine restrictions Glock may have decided to just go with that first.

No doubt Glock is going to sell boatloads of the Glock 44 and many of the younger/new shooters that start out on it will graduate to the Glock 19 or other Glocks.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Meh

If it was the size of a Glock 42 I would have been slightly interested.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
This is 'Murica, everything is hype - this pistol will sell

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Glock 22, nice, I have a megashiton of 22LR
Be great for plinking and the grandkids to shoot.

Hype works, we've got 10 pages of comments and discussion about Glock....

Posts: 23394 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is the slide polymer???

Yes it is. Polymer and metal. Looks like the rails are where the metal is.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess everybody needs a .22 for something or another. I think I can hear ETS and Pro-Mag building a new line to make the magazines that the G44 should have came with.

With any luck, someday Gaston & Co. will see the demand for a carbine (Not a G19 with an 14 inch barrel) or the G46 in the US market. Please take my money!!!

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Para still waiting on his legendary carbine...

If I see him at the range, he can shoot mine. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bow Commander:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is the slide polymer???

Yes it is. Polymer and metal. Looks like the rails are where the metal is.

There is such a thing as TOO light. The size of a G19 and the weight of a 340 M&P.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post