SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 in 2021 -GB related
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 in 2021 -GB related Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
The Sig Pro was my first handgun. Over the last 10 years SIG Sauer has sold the snot out of them (even the diamond plate variety Roll Eyes). I occasionally check GB to see how many are still out there and especially the German framed ones.

This one caught my eye and watched the bidding war. I guess it's underrated or perhaps it's a combination of new owner demand and California.

I'm sure there are many other examples like this but damn, that's HK pricing.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Not bad for SIG's redheaded step-child.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! My two tone with night sights must be worth a grand.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That's for a USED SP2022?

I have the "antique" versions, the SP2340 and SP2009.

Since they're "antique" I should be able to get a grand for them. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In late 2019/early 2020 they were still cheap.

Now, like for ammunition, demand for firearms, like ammunition, has increased exponentially so the price to acquire has followed suit (if you can even find them).

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Ahh, the mythical triple SN, Made in Germany variety . Smile

Seems the going rate for a "standard" one still around $500.

Definitely the most underrated pistol in SIG's line-up, by far.
If they tweaked it just a little bit they could have had a legit DA/SA contender to the Glock 19.

I love mine - may actually break it out next time I head to the range.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeesh! When I bought mine albeit 11 years ago I paid $299 for it!
Absolutely one of my favorites

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

I have one of those. Came in a black case, has a different finish (can't remember the name) looks wet.

I didn't know it was "mythical"

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since they're "antique" I should be able to get a grand for them.

Yep. Gotta be sure to say "rare" a lot in the ad, too...that's worth at least an extra $150 Wink.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
That's for a USED SP2022?

I have the "antique" versions, the SP2340 and SP2009.

Since they're "antique" I should be able to get a grand for them. Razz

No kidding! Makes me wonder what my Swiss SP2009 w/ threaded bbl would bring...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Crazy, considering they were readily available for $399-465 NIB at local Academy stores not all that long ago.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about rebuilt Gen 2 Glock 17 and 19 for $750 each?

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Locally, I saw a SP2022 going for $650, I get that it's a great gun but I don't think it's $650 great.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

Yep. Gotta be sure to say "rare" a lot in the ad, too...that's worth at least an extra $150 Wink.

Vintage...that’s what all the cool kids call it. Wink

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:
quote:

I have one of those. Came in a black case, has a different finish (can't remember the name) looks wet.

Ilaflon. I think it causes cancer in CA Roll Eyes

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

Vintage...that’s what all the cool kids call it. Wink
Mkay, sooo...

WTS "Vintage" *RARE**RARE**RARE* Swiss frame SP2340 - Comes with 10 magazines, all three grip modules (S, M, L), 9mm, .357SIG, and .40S&W barrels *RARE**RARE**RARE* - $1,000,000 Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The other black finish was Ilfalon applied in Germany I think. I have an SP 0161XXX that I purchased from Academy back in the day for $399. I remember reading (there was a back up article in the post as well) on this forum that these SP2022's with Ilfalon slide finishes were part of a Fed contract overrun to supply guns to the Columbia police. Not all German triple serial numbered guns had this slide finished but the above Columbian overrun guns did. At least that is what I remember I think.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:
quote:

The other black finish was Ilfalon applied in Germany I think. I have an SP 0161XXX that I purchased from Academy back in the day for $399. I remember reading (there was a back up article in the post as well) on this forum that these SP2022's with Ilfalon slide finishes were part of a Fed contract overrun to supply guns to the Columbia police. Not all German triple serial numbered guns had this slide finished but the above Columbian overrun guns did. At least that is what I remember I think.

Ilfalon sounds right, It's been a long time. I thought the overrun was ? Columbian doesn't ring a bell, but it could be right.
I bought the gun and just locked it away. Nothing against/bad about the gun. I was just busy shooting other things at the time.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those prices are nothing but gouging the customers. Simpson, Ltd. Has as nice Sig Pro for $475.00. Ive been cruising the web for a reasonable priced Glock, H&K or Beretta. Damn Gunbroker wont let me use my account as I dont have a card attached to the site or Gun Pay account. There are other sites to buy from. The local big chain gun shops are low of stock. They show very good prices but no stock. Some of the mags I want are at one sellers a hundred bucks each. I can get them for 46 bucks each from a non gouger. This happens every time we get scum in DC.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
On the topic of 2022s...anyone else notice they changed the decocker?

My first 2022 had the 2009/2340-style decocker.

I eventually traded it for another pistol, but it wasn't too long before I missed it and picked up a new one.

I noticed almost immediately the docker was digging into my weak hand, where it never did it before. Seems SIG, for whatever reason, changed the decocker.

Luckily you can get the old style from Numrich still for about $12, so a few bucks later I'm back to comfortable shooting. Smile

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post