SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Refinished P220’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinished P220’s Login/Join 
posted
I have a P220 that I’m ready to refinish. I was thinking of going a burndt bronze but not sure. So those of you out there that have refinished a P220 or P series 225/228/229/226 can you post some pics of the refinished gun and the color and who did the work. Thanks.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one!?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
go to CCR and look around, lots of examples.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Both factory finishes. P220 FDE P229 Bronze for reference. I would contact CCR. They will fix you up.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Forum member who does great work:
CoyoteKiller.
And +++ for CCR, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine refinished by Robar in their Np3 plus finish, but I also have a 228 I bought from a forum member refinished by CCR and it looks great so either way you can’t go wrong

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
No one!?

Perhaps no one responded immediately because your thread title did not indicate what the topic was about; i.e., it didn’t indicate that you were asking about other people’s experiences with refinished guns. I can’t help with your question because I don’t have any refinished pistols, but even if I did, I almost didn’t open this thread because I usually avoid the ones with meaningless titles. I made an exception this time merely because I was bored while eating my English muffin.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you're asking for either, I have a hard chromed JC 9mm P220 done by APW. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My P220 Compact SAO, refinished by CCR in House Black. They do great work and are SF members.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like that robar np3!

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I had a P245 that was done in black with brushed silver controls and it looked fantastic. Unfortunately I traded it off when the agency disallowed it as a backup and photobucket took my pics hostage. I’ll try and see if I can dig it up from the void...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
Since Robar closed shop,Wright Armory has picked up where they left off.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
CCR does amazing work, I have a couple of beautiful two tone sigs from them. Dont have a photo hosting site to post pics. They

Google refinished sigs, lots of pics

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
If you are liking hard chrome, Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating and Weaponry was one of the first refinishers I did business with back in the 70s. He did a great hard chrome job on my old Gold Cup

I have only had two P220s refinished. The first was a department issue gun that I was not the original party to. Because of our humid atmosphere here in South Florida I had the entire gun done in Rpbar's NP3. I was increddibly pleased with how that held up over the next 6 or 7 years that I carried it

The other was the first P220 I ever bought that had a dovetailed front sight, that was 1992. SIGs finish in those days was not pretty. So several years back, while CCR was offering the Forum one of their Crazy Good Specials, I had the slide finished in CP-II but the frame was left alone

The TFO sights were a gift from one of the manufacturers at SHOT. My Sight tool would not allow such long sighs to be installed but the site manufacturer offered to do it for me

All the rest of my P220s are original finish

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post