SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320c or P320sc?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320c or P320sc? Login/Join 
posted
which do you prefer for EDC regarding accuracy, reliability, and shootability?

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Of the two, I prefer the Compact. (Actually, I prefer the Compact with an XCarry grip.)

But you can have your cake and eat it too.

Get a Compact. Buy a Subcompact grip module and some SC mags. Put the SC grip on the C when you want a shorter grip. Use the C slide and C grip when grip length doesn't matter as much.

Compact slide with Compact grip:

Compact slide with Subcompact grip:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What rogue said. Compact all the way.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Compact and buy a SC grip frame (+ SC mags). I did the same thing. Very versatile.

Unless you are carrying in a pocket, the extra slide length of the Compact is negligible.

With the Compact, you can also get a FS X-change. FS fits on the Compact grip frame just fine. I've got a FS .40 that I use on my Compact 9mm grip frame. Keeps me from having to swap out the FCU.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
I have both as complete guns, and there is not much difference. One of the magazines that came with my SC has the pinky extension and then the grip length is pretty much the same. I prefer to carry the compact size for this reason.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I went with the Compact with SC grip as well. Would recommend.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both; I don't like swapping the modules around, and it's easier just to have two pistols than to go back and forth.

The compact is more practical, in my opinion, though the subcompact is easy to shoot and quite controllable with the small grip.

Not that it matters, but the subcompact looks a bit odd with the same size slide assembly, but the smaller grip.

To go to the subcompact, if reduced size is the goal, why not just go with a P365?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
The Carry or Compact is more versatile, with it being easy to switch between any of the grip mods without modification, but for some reason, but I really like the sub-compact slide, as it’s easier for me to pick up the front sight on the shorter slide, and I seem to shoot it better than the compact slide on a sub- grip module.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post